Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
We have pleasure in being asked to find the ideal candidate to fill the role as Facilities Manager for a well-respected transportation firm.
Reporting to the chief Operating Officer you will take responsibility for Facilities Management for all company locations, and for ensuring the company’s properties, plant, and equipment provide a safe working environment, and are maintained to the required standards. This will include ensuring any work that is carried out maintains the required quality as well as ensuring that any projects relating to facilities and property meet the agreed completion dates and are within the agreed budgets.
- To provide a safe working environment through an effective Facilities solution for internal customers
- Create effective and constructive relationships with internal customers with a “can do” attitude to providing appropriate solutions to operational requirements
- Responsible for advising and guiding the company on the suitability of plant and equipment, ensuring it meets company and legal requirements.
- Responsible for estimating and determining the likely costs of works to be carried out and advise of any additional plant and or equipment requirements.
- Formulate and control budgets and plans for all Facilities and Property – related aspects.
- Controlling budgets and liaison with professional advisors, suppliers and contractors working on sites to ensure the correct and accurate implementation of specified schemes and responsible for reviewing schemes to ensure they meet the business requirements.
- Support, guide and assist Managers in the preparation of capital expenditure budget items relating to plant, equipment and property.
- Responsible for the preparation of specific capital expenditure approval forms for plant, equipment and property.
- Responsible for the management of all building work undertaken on behalf of the company.
- Responsible for ensuring that the requisite control systems are implemented and maintained within the property services section.
- Provide advice to team on all planning, costing and technical aspects of the property services area.
- Maintaining, improving, and reporting on the company’s Environmental performance, and ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Responsible for developing, proposing, implementing and monitoring plans for all Facilities and Property aspects, including a Planned Preventative Maintenance System for all the companies’ property requirements.
- Develop a contracts strategy and standard terms and conditions for Specialist Term Contracts and implement a system of Contract Control.
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate fire precautions for all premises and plant, including the companies standard fire and emergency procedures are complied with.
- To undertake any additional reasonable duties at the request of your line manager.
- Extensive Facilities Management experience and familiarity with construction and building works at all levels is a pre requisite – and it would be an advantage if you have experience of working across multi-site operations.
- Must have excellent project management and organisational kills
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Must be able to build strong relationships with all customers both internally and externally and support customers in understanding technical aspects
- Must have a flexible approach to the hours of work given the multi site arrangement of the garages and the need to respond to incidents which maybe outside of the usual office hours.
- Must be able to liaise and work with individuals at all levels including the senior executive.
- Ideally you will hold a Facilities / Project Management qualification but as a minimum you will have good experience of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures.
- To take care of your own safety and the safety of others at all times by complying with your responsibilities, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, as outlined in the Company policies and procedures and under the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974.
- To report any injury, collision of dangerous occurrence in which you may have been involved, or are aware of having taken place at your work location, or any concern you have about health and safety issues.