Building Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a renowned education establishment, is seeking an experienced Building Services Engineer to provide a range of mechanical and electrical engineering support and advice to the Estates’ maintenance, development and project teams.
This role will develop and deliver M&E engineering services through a range of service providers. You will act as focal point on maintenance issues for Schools/departments across our clients’ portfolio as required.
You will lead the preparation, prioritisation, co-ordination and delivery of assigned projects and programmes, including:- Planned works, Long Term Maintenance, one-off projects and business improvement work-streams and respond as necessary to identify and manage the resolution of reported breakdowns, faults and problems.
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate and deliver projects/tasks; liaise closely with other Professional & Technical staff within Estates to ensure coordinated, effective, customer focused solutions and delivery.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers to meet the overall mission of our client.
- Procure, commission and manage a range of services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate.
- Draft minor project briefs and documentation, specifications and service standards; manage tender process, service delivery and the performance of service providers, including contractors and DLO as appropriate.
- Carry out pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations etc.
- Manage/undertake inspections, surveys, risk assessments, feasibility studies and diagnostic fault finding and initiate appropriate actions; establish the most practical and effective resolution of problems.
- Maintain up to date knowledge to carry out professional services activities e.g. Dilapidation assessments, insurance assessment and claims, third party wall, DDA, Building Regulations, historic buildings etc.
- Manage maintenance projects ensuring compliance with specifications, cost estimates and
- Prepare regular management/performance information to Team Leader and E,M&I Senior Management Team as required.
- Manage delegated budgets for assigned programmes and service provisions.
- Liaise frequently with other Estates Project Managers to ensure that maintenance needs arising from new construction and major refurbishment are recognised, recorded and planned for.
- Ensure the accurate and timely compilation and maintenance of essential records and data; maintain relevant records, inputting data to systems as required; assist in the compilation of detailed asset registers.
- Contribute positively to EM&I’s collective approach to managing the effective procurement and performance of service providers, including service standards, costs, health & safety.
- Drive Contactor management (Financial, Quality, Site management/safety, and Performance) taking ownership as client representative on project works, service delivery within role.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience of working in laboratories is highly desirable.
- Relevant professional qualification and experience.
- Evidence of ongoing self- development/training.
- Extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge including the management of maintenance operations using contractors and directly employed staff
- Thorough knowledge and experience of maintenance operations in a large multi- site organisation
- Project management, contract procurement and service management in changing environment
- Maintain professional status through relevant CPD.
- Surveys, inspections and fault finding are carried out throughout buildings
- including in plant rooms, service ducts/shafts, roofs, laboratories etc where
- access may be awkward and where conditions may be hot and noisy; an awareness of hazardous situations is essential, for example, fragile roofs, asbestos, exposed machinery, steam plant, live electrical equipment etc.
- Managing maintenance work requires compliance with site health and safety rules which include wearing personal protective equipment and could involve climbing ladders, scaffolding etc.
- Work outside of core hours where appropriate to meet business requirements.
- Must have own transport
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.