Head of SecurityBack to Vacancies List
This role is designed for someone who will be the “gatekeeper of security” ensuring the security of over a thousand staff in properties throughout the UK.
This is a new role and the holder will be expected to implement a holistic and dynamic security provision, advising on national activity.
To various degrees the role will include Governance, Resilience, Counter Terrorism, Physical Security, Security Technology and Personnel Security.
The role will collaborate with internal and external partners to include, Information Security, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Legal and People & Culture, Police and 3rd party associations.
General / What you’ll be doing
- Working with outsourced security partners, you will ensure the Security operation is capable of responding to our ever-changing security needs and its day to day success.
- You will be responsible for the execution of all manned security implemented across our buildings, ensuring staff are positioned and trained to provide operational excellence.
- Working with local stakeholders, you will continually review operational practices in line with current threat/risk assessments.
- Be the primary point of contact for all security matters and develop a culture of security awareness and practice throughout the group.
- Assist the review of major incident and business continuity plans and ensure that they are current, proportionate and relevant.
- Be the primary point of contact for security and implement an accessible centralized system for intelligence and administration.
- Produce reports for Committees and Group as required.
You’ll have these skills
- Must have at least 5 years senior security manager experience, leading physical security, risk management. Preferably in large organisations.
- Have a current network within intelligence and security organisations.
- Able to influence the planning, development and maintenance of our security policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholder.
- Proven experience in the security aspects of event planning, including planning for VIP from the entertainment industries.
- Experience in vendor management and negotiations
- Security qualifications or membership of Security Institute, ASIS or equivalent.
- Knowledge of CCTV Codes of Practice, Data Protection Act and British Standard 7499: Static site Guarding and Mobile Patrol Services
- Excellent IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work outside of ‘normal office hours’ (including some weekends, late evening and early morning work). You will be expected to undertake an amount of UK travel.
- Ability to carry out and chair effective briefings within own area of responsibilities and set up lines of communication.
- Record and track briefing actions and activity and report on progress.
Please contact Peter Forshaw on 0203 903 4260 for more details or to apply for this exciting role. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org