Facilities Assistant – Remote & MobileBack to Vacancies List
This is a really exciting role working on behalf of a leading real estate services firm on a contract for one of the world’s fastest growing companies and a globally recognised brand. Our client has asked Maxwell Stephens to find a determined and ambitious Remote & Mobile Facilities Assistant for their offices within London and the surrounding areas.
The role of Facilities Assistant (Remote & Mobile) has been created to support management of a pipeline of sites within the London & Regional area that is regularly changing. Remote and mobile sites are sites within the portfolio which are not deemed of sufficient size to require the continuous presence of a Facilities Team, are temporary in nature, or require FM assistance to be set up
The Facilities Assistant reports daily to the Facilities Manager. His/her main function is to assist the Facilities Manager in all and any areas to ensure that the FM services to the building(s) run smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing building maintenance issues by conducting weekly walks of the building and recording the findings. Using the clients auditing system to print reports to show client trends of common issues throughout the building. This is part of a process that the client uses throughout EMEA (Walk the Store)
- Working with the Facilities Manager to address internal space requirements and to organise/assist with team moves. Meeting with the Department Heads quarterly with the Facilities Manager and ensuring all growth requirements for Space are managed accordingly.
- Managing internal moves within the building with the Facilities Manager
- Working with Facilities Manager to maintain floor plans
- Suggesting cost saving plans to the client in order to be in line with the Account Leadership Principles.
- Monitoring stock levels of Stationary and Consumables used by Employees and placing orders with suppliers. Negotiating prices with vendors to obtain the best price.
- Assisting with meeting room set-up as and when required.
- Working with the Meetings and Events team and assisting in setting up in house and external events as and when required.
- Working with the Building Ops team and reporting all defective H&S equipment to the respective person and arrange for repairs to be carried out.
- Managing fire wardens and first aiders and assist with scheduling training and refresher training as necessary
- Provide cover for Reception desk as and when required
- Be available to assist other FM Team members as and when required
- Upkeep and review of Manuals, Handbooks, Guidance notes etc. that relate to all Facilities functions and be responsible of uploading onto Fusion.
- Working on Special projects as and when required with the Facilities Manager
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the wider facilities team.
- Ensure accurate and detailed hand over is planned & passed on (for tasks for which being responsible), if absent from the business.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional, friendly and welcoming attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Pro-active and hands on – happy to support other Team members
- Ability to show initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Customer service background essential
- Knowledge of Facilities Management processes preferable
- IT Skills, Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Previous experience of working within a in a high profile corporate environment
- Previous reception or hospitality experience
- Education: Diploma/degree level
- Full UK driving license essential