Global Head of PropertyBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are delighted to announce we are now recruiting for a Global Head of Property for an established and fast-growing restaurant franchise with branches in the UK, Asia and the USA. In this role you will travel across the world managing this exciting portfolio while being responsible for the strategic planning, organising and delivering of projects in relation to new openings, transformation and facilities management connected with new openings and refurbishments across the entire Company estate.
The individual may appoint and lead the contractors, subcontractors and specialists that are required to design and build the projects. However, there may be circumstances where a Franchisee prefers to use their own Contractors and the Global Head of Property will be responsible for meeting with and liaising with their Contractor to ensure that the quality and brand is maintained and protected.
There will be a requirement to work closely with the clients Directors, legal team and project managers to protect the company’s goals, minimising legal and financial risk, and in turn maximising the commercial return.
This role will require the role holder to be extremely agile in how they work with the ability to manage and priortise multiple projects and deadlines. They will need to be able to and used to working in different locations and whilst travelling on flights and trains etc. They will need to maximize the use of their time as they will be travelling extensively over different time zones but still be required to respond to emails, keep track of deadlines and ensure that all required project deadlines are met.
This role will involve extensive travel, as it will oversee the client’s global locations for both owned and Franchised restaurants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of the company strategy along with the rest of the senior management team.
- Responsible for devising a department plan based on the overall company strategy.
- Project manage new openings and other development projects.
- Liaising with the Operations Director for general Facilities and Health & Safety issues of current estate.
- Assist the legal team with the procurement of the new sites and disposals of sites where needed.
- Ensure the company meet all planning and licensing obligations by obtaining, listed building consents, planning consents, premises licenses, insurance and other similar essentials that the restaurants require to operate.
- Take responsibility for rate/rent and Service Charge for all property agreements.
- Deliver new projects on time and in budget.
- Manage the project management teams and other external contacts, providing advice and approval on key decisions where required.
- To adapt the structure or the builds to meet the budgets and timeframes set.
- Work with the Operations Director, Franchise Manager and other staff to problem solve and support the existing business where required.
- Analyse the budgets produced and assess where savings could be made, and enable ROI to be produced.
- Challenge the design of the build and liaise with Operations and external consultants to ensure we achieve a functional, efficient site.
- Negotiate with all clients direct to get the balance between, quantity, quality and value where it is needed.
- Negotiate and review lease terms and documentation on behalf of the Company.
- Lead and support the Franchising operation, liaising with the Franchise Operations Manager, to ensure that these projects are managed successfully and to completion.
- Represent the brand worldwide.
- Extensive travel to Asia
Key Skills Required
- Experience in building a pipeline of properties
- Experience in successfully selling sites/surrenders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish a rapport and build relationships with a wide variety of people from many different cultures.
- Flexible and agile in their approach to work with the ability to change course as and when required.
- Experience of building ‘sites’ outside of the UK. Thorough understanding of construction process and ability to control and own the construction with outsourced contractors, including builders, architects and designers.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Negotiation experience
- Ability to control costs and keep projects on time and to budget
- Experience with acquisitions and disposals
- New openings and transformation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in location/market analysis
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities on a daily basis.
- Very ‘hands on’ approach to all work (there is limited ability to delegate to others.)
- Energetic and enthusiastic
Desirable but not essential:
- CIOB membership
- Experience within the hospitality industry, preferably within restaurants
- Experience in construction
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.