European Operations ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a globally respected financial services organisation based in the heart of central London is recruiting a permanent European Operations Manager to manage a portfolio across EMEA.
Maxwell Stephens, the UK’s leading facilities management recruitment company, has been appointed by the client to find a methodical, approachable, positive, and conscientious individual to ensure our client makes the most of their space and infrastructure.
The role will cover EMEA and will be based in London. The post holder will assume full responsibility of all real estate and facilities functions within their geographical region. They will work closely with our Global Leasing Manager and Head of Design and Workplace Strategy. The post holder report to the Director of Global Real Estate and Facilities who is also based in London.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team in a firm which as seem unprecedented growth over the last five years. The role will be a Vice President level and will have a number of direct reports.
- Generalist facilities management – Works will internal clients (Senior MD’s) to ensure their real estate and facilities requirements are meet.
- Lease Work – Participates in lease negotiations, reads and understands the lease as well as the construction work letters, maintenance agreements and tenant guides
- Project Management – Works with the Head of Design and Work place strategy on designated projects to assist with the build out of new offices and office reconfigurations with in EMEA. Responsibilities may include supervising delivery / install of product; supervising trade work; floor plan confirmations; walkthroughs, snag list coordination; inventory coordination; participates in weekly site meetings if needed; verification of work performed for invoice approval; change of scope issues; coordination among construction vendors; scheduling coordination with building and trades; validation / diligence of project costs; building management coordination
- Project Global Drive Support – implementation of electronic project folder on the firm’s global drive, uploading and maintaining necessary materials and information
- Monitor and action all facility related requests in assigned areas of the real estate portfolio
- Develop internal network with firm personnel in assigned areas of the real estate portfolio
- Create maintenance service agreements (off-site storage, HVAC, etc) to achieve operation efficiencies
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, production services and facility team assistance
- Manage office accounts with vendors including reviewing invoices and negotiating contracts
- Plan and/or facilitate office business and social functions
- Process and code invoices related to assigned areas of the real estate portfolio
- Research vendor disputes regarding payment
- Research Health & Safety rules and regulations for all areas of the assigned real estate portfolio, coordinate consultant site visits and implement recommendations presented
- Participate in monthly review of department financials
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual variance reports for department budgets vs actual
- Update department reports including but not limited to capacity, subtenant logs, etc
- Participate in other projects as assigned by the Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities
- Coordinate with project team members (internal/external) to ensure alignment within all aspects of the project
- Maintain an appropriate level of contact and communication with internal departments, user groups, vendors, project team members, providing and obtaining updates and comprehensive recommendations on assigned projects
- Experience managing real estate and facilities across multiple sites.
- Experience managing real-estate and faculties service in-house for demanding clients.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in independent functioning
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or Business Management
- Knowledge of project management, lease administration, proficient in spreadsheet and database software applications. CAD or CAFM experience preferred.
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks within a group environment
- Strong initiative to identify new processes for overall office efficiency
- Ability to accept direction and additional responsibilities from City Leader & Director of Global Real Estate & Facilities
- Strong writing, organization and planning skills.
- Freedom from use of and effects of illegal drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Critical thinker with excellent judgment and strong initiative
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, legal documents and governmental regulations
- Ability to communicate orally and through written reports and other documents relating to financial data.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions, common inquiries or complaints from executives, managers, employees and vendors
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership / influence and coloration on similar projects along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively connect with, manage and motivate internal staff and external sources
- Must be detail oriented and be able to work with little direct supervision
- Must be able to lead people and manage tasks
- Excellent organisation, written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills
- Consistently treat others with dignity and respect
- Must have the ability to multi-task, learn quickly and be a self-starter
- Maintain high standard of integrity
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Display excellent in customer service
- Demonstrate active listening techniques
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow successfully
Demand for this position from qualified and enthusiastic candidate is expected to be high. Should you wish to apply for the role, we ask that you contact us directly and without delay to register your interest.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.