Area Assistant Facilities Manager (Italy)Back to Vacancies List
This is an exciting permanent role within a globally recognised brand. This industry-standard client has asked Maxwell Stephens to find a determined and ambitious Area Assistant Facilities Manager based in Casirate D’Adda, Italy.
The sites you will be managing are operated by highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Manual Handling, Industrial Automation and autosorters. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility.
The usual hours for this role are between 12:00pm and 8:00pm
Main Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performance of team of Technicians/ Mechanics/ Operating Engineers over multiple shifts or a large scale facility to perform maintenance and repair on client equipment and facilities systems
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behaviour
- Drive performance as measured by client’s Key Performance Indicators
- Establish relationships with client Site Leads, business partners such as EHS leads and FM clientele to establish trust and credibility in the delivery of IFM services
- Resolve FM issues at sites, escalating when needed
- Provide engineering guidance to Technicians as needed to ensure operations are aligned with site and portfolio goals and values
- Develop and manage operating expense budgets for relevant sites including monthly variance reports
- Initiate purchase order requests for goods and services for sites within responsibility
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to deliver goods and services against contracts and expectations
- Administer training to ensure compliance, readiness and competency of staff
- Drive and promote safety culture within portfolio including subcontractors, suppliers and visitors
- Work with Regional Manager to oversee the delivery of maintenance and repair services.
- Ensure client satisfaction with delivery of Facility Management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Act as point of contact with site occupants, property management/ Landlords to coordinate FM activities and ensure client needs are met
- Support the Regional Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects for the client as requested
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual account plan as identified by the Account Director. Leadership/ employee management
- Develop a strong collaborative team-based environment.
- Ensure compliance minimum operational audit and safety standards
- Assist in the development and management of the detailed, zero-based annual operating budgets
- Import the clients best practices in the interest of exceeding client goals and expectations
- Collaborate with account Sourcing team on national and regional sourcing opportunities to define scope, coordinate supplier walk-through, and manage national and regional supplier performance at property level.
Client Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with site Operations team by providing a seamless interface to client; must have superior leadership skills, sense of urgency, bias for action, attention to detail and creativity
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with their performance. Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behaviour.
- Work with Regional Facility Manager to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Work with the Regional Facilities Manager to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account.
- Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities
- Support the FM to operate budget for the sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs; Provide written variance analysis and forecast to client
- Support the FM facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Support the FM with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
- Minimum eight years’ experience as a Facilities Manager, Chief Engineer or equivalent including managing teams, budget responsibilities, supplier management, problem solving, and client/ customer relations.
- Must have solid knowledge of building/ mechanical, electrical systems (MEP)
- Prefer experience managing teams in an industrial environment containing conveyance, process control and powered trucks.
- Experience required using CMMS systems and reporting
- Demonstrated communication skills written and verbal including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Must have strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to align, motivate and lead a team including creating accountability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Facilities Management or property management preferred
- Relevant training in MHE, Controls Systems, PIT as well as general building operations
This is a highly diverse and responsible role in Italy, perfect for those looking to further develop their FM skillset within a fast-paced environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay on 0207 118 4848 or send your cv to email@example.com