Facilities Director (18 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, one of the world’s leading media businesses, is currently looking to appoint a new Facilities Director on an 18 Month Contract.
Reporting to Senior Director Level, the Facilities Director is responsible and accountable for providing strategic and dynamic leadership for the Facilities department across all areas of our clients UK portfolio including a major London Campus. The Facilities Director must ensure effective standards and controls are in place for the design, development, implementation, maintenance, use, acquisition and management of facilities services and assets to support the core business.
- Facilities operational expenditure of all sites with a budget of over £20 million per annum. Responsible for a Capital Project spend of approx. £1m per annum and services budget spend of circa £2million for travel.
- The role also includes Estate Management, taking responsibility for a UK & Ireland wide property portfolio with duties to include rent reviews, business rates, valuations, dilapidations and supporting the leadership team on lease renewals.
- The role is also responsible for ensuring HSE best practice across entire organisation.
- Key to the role is keeping abreast of all relevant current legislation.
- Ensuring the facilities team deliver against their objectives and provide high quality customer service. Maximising the individual potential of team members (including performance management and appraisals, work organisation, delegation, training and reward recommendations).
- Ensuring that the Switchboard and Facilities Helpdesk delivers high quality customer service and that agreed SLA’s are met and, where possible, exceeded.
- Pro-actively managing and benchmarking of various third-party contracts and providers of outsourced critical services
- Responsible for the project management of all Group Facilities and property related projects, including formal tendering and reporting.
- Managing business continuity planning for UK operations
- Responsible for management of Group Insurance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence decisions at all levels and command respect from all areas of the business
- The ability to assert expertise and achieve objectives diplomatically
- The ability to combine a strategic outlook with a hands-on attitude
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills
- The ability to manage simultaneous projects and deliver the core role effectively in a pressured environment
- Professional with a strong service driven mentality and a pragmatic approach
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service
- Proven experience of delivering high quality work in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years.
- Robust team management experience (including developing staff, performance management and carrying out reorganisations as appropriate)
- Good technical knowledge (including construction, heating, air conditioning, plant rooms, lighting), managing SLAs, KPIs and contractors
- A track record of having improved services and reduced cost through managing third party contracts
- Evidence of managing building projects covering project conception, planning, budget management and control, time scale, team health and safety and quality management
- Experience of tendering contracts for services
- Procurement and contract negotiation skills
- BIFM Level 6 or equivalent
- NEBOSH or equivalent H&S qualification
- Demand for this position from qualified and enthusiastic candidates is expected to be high. Should you wish to apply for the role, we ask that you contact us directly and without delay to register your interest.
- Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.