Studio / Facilities Technician (6 Months Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a highly successful design company, are now looking for a Studio Technician to join their team in the heart of London.
This role is to Provide technical and practical support for the care and management of the buildings (5 different buildings across Kings Cross), spaces and objects through regular maintenance, repair tasks, building related problem solving and improvements.
- Care for the facilities and building infrastructure through consistent repair and maintenance of the building fabric, fixtures and fittings.
- Collaborate with the team to improve spaces and facilities, through renovation and refurbishment.
- Space organisation; moving furniture and objects as required.
- Undertake regular inspections of all buildings to ensure detailed care of the environments and to report on any Health and Safety findings, and action where appropriate.
- Fire Marshall.
- At least 1 year hands on working experience as a facilities technician with a medium to large size organisation.
- Qualifications and/or practical experience of carpentry or plumbing
- Experience in painting and detailing to a high level finish.
- Meticulous attention to detail, which results in high standards of practical work.
- Ability to think quickly, with a practical and pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- A good understanding of safe working practices.
- An understanding of Organisational H&S procedures.
- Experience record keeping and documenting work practice.
- Ability to use ladders and work at heights.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of tasks often to tight and challenging deadlines.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- A fastidious approach to presentation, with a thorough eye for detail.
- Commitment to flexible working when required e.g. there may be occasions when working outside of normal hours is required.
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills.
- An interest and commitment to the work of Heatherwick Studio.
- Previous experience in a design, gallery or museum environment.
- An understanding of art handling and/or archiving processes.
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high volume response for this role so apply early to avoid disappointment.