Workplace Services Manager (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is a leading hospitality chain whom is now looking to recruit a Workplace Services Manager for their corporate office based in Watford.
This role is initially a 2 months contract with the opportunity for it to be extended by 12 months to manage a complete building refurb that starts early 2019 so this experience would be desired.
- Manage the day to day operation of Workplace Services in the office in Watford
- Deputise and oversee the running of the Workplace services department in Watford as required
- Provide leadership and direction to contract employees and vendors.
- Direct daily operations of the office space, by administrating competitive bid services.
- Manages and directs property management with respect to facility programmes for business operations, customer work request tracking, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, emergency response, food services, janitorial/housekeeping, mail/office services, phone/data systems infrastructure wiring, security, parking, energy conservation, and other office needs as required.
- Organise and where appropriate attend relevant meetings
- Ensure that Company Health & Safety – Policies and Procedures, Committee meetings and reporting are up to date, relevant and completed in a timely fashion to ensure compliance with requirements /legislation
- Complete relevant Health & Safety due diligence, ensuring Health & Safety files are up to date at all times and to include Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Liability insurances and any other necessary documents
- Complete regular Health & Safety inductions and tours of the building for new starters (Contractors) to the building via the HR department
- Manage and ensure that all. Security policies and procedures are up to date to include monitoring of the CCTV System for the building, Janus security systems and monitoring aids
- Fire warden duties and joint management of fire risk responsibilities for Watford team members
- Manage the implementation of BREEAM in use and other Building Sustainable measures
- Utilise FM 24 system to maintain records and ensure PPM (preventative Maintenance) is kept to date
- Consolidate the department’s invoices and pass them for payment taking the relevant steps to ensure budgetary control
- Reporting into the Light Stay on line system including ensuring that recycling volumes are updated monthly with the online tracker system
- Managing the supplier relationship and account with Iron Mountain to ensure efficient and effective service is provided through ensuring boxes are taken off site, maintenance to records and inventory are completed
- Manage the Database, ensuring records are current and that door access controls are monitored. Issuing and creating cards to new starters/contractors and charging master cards
- Participate and contribute as an active member of the Building Crisis Management team
- Contribute to and assist with the management of key departmental budgets
- Participate in and contribute to the tendering process for contract or supplier renewals, including reviewing
- contracts, liaising with contractors/suppliers etc
- Assist with other departmental projects as and when required, at the direction of your manager within the scope of your capabilities.
- BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree
- Health & Safety for Managers Certificate
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- 3 – 5 years of Facilities Management experience
- Management or supervisory experience
To apply, please contact one of the friendly Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.