Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading education establishment, are now looking for a Facilities Manager to be a key member of the Institute’s professional services management team, with significant responsibility for Health and Safety and Facilities issues.
The post offers an exciting opportunity for someone to play a key role in the development and implementation of an estates strategy of a new and evolving Institute, as well as benefiting from the opportunities afforded by being part of the larger estates and administrative community
This post requires an immediate start and is initially for 6 months.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day oversight of local maintenance and facilities operations; give instructions to staff and contractors and monitor progress, standards, costs, etc.
- Liaise closely with unit departments; monitor projects and services to ensure that they meet customer expectations and are delivered to specification, on time, and within budget.
- Liaise with Estates to plan and co-ordinate maintenance and facilities work on site to minimise disruption and inconvenience to users.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of essential records, including departmental asset registers; schedules for repair of departmental equipment etc.
- Oversight for the issuing or revision of work instructions via work/purchase orders
- Network and liaise within the institute and externally to keep abreast of developments, legislation, new technology etc.
- Authorise/initiate the purchasing of equipment, materials, consumables, etc. within delegated limits; authorise the payment of invoices; manage delegated budgets.
- Deal with day-to-day staffing issues as required and in liaison with the relevant line manager and HR Division. Issues may include recruitment, discipline, grievances, absenteeism, time-keeping, performance, appraisal, training etc; authorise staff leave, request overtime etc.
- Carry out pre and post inspections of work as customer to establish resource needs, priorities, working methods and customer sign off of completed works.
- Arrange/carry out and record routine testing and other planned maintenance and inspection procedures of departmental equipment.
- Work closely with Estates contract managers; day to day monitoring and supervision of contractors’ performance on site; contribute as customer to the drafting of service specifications, project briefs, etc.
- Monitor service contracts including alarm systems, access systems, lifts, etc. as necessary
- Attend and contribute to meetings, presenting information as required.
- Promote and demonstrate a personal commitment to Core Behaviours.
- To be an active member of relevant working groups and committees and represent and promote the Institute to ensure that issues are raised appropriately and acted upon accordingly.
- To undertake relevant training to keep informed of current issues, policies, procedures and legislation.
- To manage and develop a team of staff in accordance with relevant legislation and policies.
- To identify estates staff development requirements across the Institute and provide training and/or advice.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Fire, Health and Safety Regulations.
- Adopt and promote awareness of the Environmental Sustainability Policy and other initiatives.
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- A relevant professional qualification (Building/Engineering Maintenance, Facilities Management, etc.)
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Evidence of continued personal development
- Excellent IT literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Practical knowledge, understanding and application of relevant Health & Safety legislation in the UK
- Conversant with developments in sustainability and environmental issues, including energy conservation
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.