Facilities Operations Manager (Corporate Client)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a service provider, are now looking for a Facilities Operations Manager to be responsible for the leadership and day-to-day management of a team responsible for all aspects of a large site’s facilities management activity across approximately 180,000 sq ft.
- Responsible for all staff management activities (including recruitment & selection and
- performance management through a system of appraisals) relating to the team, in accordance with Mainstay’s policies and procedures.
- Set and maintain clear standards and performance criteria across the team, in line with Mainstay’s overall business objectives (i.e. accurate records are kept by line reports, to include timesheets and sign in sheets, staff reviews and any relating HR requests.
- Develop, coach and mentor staff through a system of regular scheduled team and individual review meetings, as well as accompanied site visits and if required, to attend evening meetings. Provide positive and targeted written feedback following all such accompanied visits.
- Ensure that the Regional Facilities Manager is kept fully up to date with all items and issues relating to the region through scheduled meetings or as and when the need arises
- Provide recognition, encouragement and guidance to team members. Provide constructive and meaningful feedback that supports improved performance.
- Overview helpdesk and operational performance holding regular meetings with the Helpdesk Manager.
- Ensuring the service levels are being met and the jobs are holding all relevant information and documentation
- To carry out investigations and/or disciplinary hearings where required in line with the relevant policy
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to support both existing and new business alike giving particular care and due diligence to resourcing for seasonal and/or one-off activities.
- Identify additional opportunities to expand the activities of the division with due regard for an acceptable internal rate of return.
- Ensure that suitable and enough equipment is provided to carry out site operations set out in the schedule/ specification
- Ensure work schedules are in place for new and existing schemes and are adhered to by all
- To organise holiday and sickness cover for site staff.
- Monitor staff absence and report occurrences to Employee Services. To conduct back to work interviews.
- Ensure site paperwork and Company procedures are implemented in line with the Company’s KPI and audited as directed by the customer.
- Manage the expenditure for the contract ensuring the budgeted costs are not exceeded
- Track all variable expenditure and ensure invoicing is carried out on time and correctly
- Ensure the RFM is immediately made aware of any breaches of Health and Safety and any action is proposed
- Instruct staff in work policies and procedures.
- Ensure statutory policies, for example COSHH, Risk Assessments and PPE are set out within company procedures and that all staff follow and embrace guidance as appropriate.
- To carry out regular inspections of site health & Safety files.
- Ensure that all training is documented.
- Identify when a risk assessment is required and produce the risk assessment, ensuring the relevant staff are trained on the risk assessment and control measures are implemented.
- Ensure the risk assessments are reviewed in line with Company policy
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported and investigated in line with Company policy
- NEBOSH (desired)
- IOSH Managing Safely (required)
- Significant management experience in FM Services.
- Demonstrable experience of driving business growth.
- Experience of large / multi property portfolio management.
- Strong Business Systems awareness.
- Awareness of the latest developments in the FM market
- Development and introduction of new operational procedures.
- Significant involvement in the preparation and execution of Business Plans and operational programmes, and the development of business.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply!