Head of Facilities Management (Venue, Campus & Offices)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is a prestigious Institute based across 2 London sites and 1 in Kent.
Maxwell Stephens have been instructed to recruit a Head of Facilities to join their team on a contract basis. You will be tasked with managing and oversee the complete venue and facilities operations for their operations. Ensuring the variety of sites and their differing stakeholder requirements are dealt with effectively whilst balancing business requirements.
- The smooth and effective operation of all sites (campus/learning environment, offices, event venue, warehouse space)
- Tendering and procurement of new suppliers and contractors – hard and soft services (to include areas such as catering, fire and security systems, HVAC, M&E, utilities, refuse and recycling, repairs and maintenance, audio visual, plant displays, furniture and stationery)
- The day to day contract management and monitoring of agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Setting specifications, appraising quotations and monitoring works, trouble shooting, snagging and resolving issues as appropriate
- Arranging appropriate permits to work in managed buildings and obtain statements of work from contractors to satisfy landlord procedures
- Overseeing the repairs and preventative maintenance co-ordinated by the Canterbury Premises Manager and Facilities Co-ordinator in London
- Project management such as office moves, internal refurbishments, developments and build projects. Prepare suitable project plans and timelines to ensure projects and tasks are completed efficiently and effectively across the department
- Oversee warehouse space (managed on a daily basis by Premises Manager)
- Health and Safety of London sites to include risk assessments, electrical safety testing, incident management, fire warden and first aid provision (overall H&S responsibility lies with HR Director and Fire Safety with the COO)
- Assist with business continuity and emergency planning and performing incident management duties in London (potentially out of hours) and handle any security threats appropriately
- Chairing the Business Continuity, Recovery & Security Working Group and reporting their work to the Operating Committee
- Liaise with landlords and managing agents and represent our client at tenant meetings
- Assisting local authorities with any queries, ensure the Business/Non-domestic rates are appropriate and apply for charitable relief as required
- Educated to undergraduate degree level
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualified
- BIFM membership or qualification
- Minimum of 5 years proven commercial venue management experience (end to end sales, marketing and operational)
- Minimum of 5 years operational Facilities Management experience (across multiple sites is an advantage although not essential)
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply!