Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a fast-paced, rapidly growing professional services firm, to recruit a Facilities Manager for their team.
Reporting to the head of the department, you will take full responsibility for the delivery of their Facilities Management function across a diverse nationwide portfolio, comprising several sites and home to nearly 1000 employees.
- Oversee the successful delivery and management of all facilities-lead external contractors (property maintenance, facilities management, catering services) in a multi-site commercial property environment.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of statutory compliance and health and safety as it relates to multi-tenanted commercial property.
- Service charge management and budgeting from a corporate occupier perspective.
- Ensure physical security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to.
- Support the management of access control and physical building security requirements.
- Ensure the provision of out of office support for security or facilities issues and escalate any concerns to the Head of Legal Support & Facilities.
- Co-ordinate the planning of facilities maintenance and arrange any repairs that need immediate or regular attendance, ensuring the buildings are maintained to agreed good housekeeping standards.
- Co-ordinate the allocation of appropriate space in all offices including fit outs, furniture replacement, and storage requirements.
- To directly lead, supervise, and motivate the Facilities and Front of House Team to ensure effective production of work and achievement of objectives.
- Consistently review service desk best practice, agreeing and communicating service levels with the business and establishing and communicating a clear escalation process.
- Implement and maintain a Facilities risk register, escalating identified risks as appropriate in line with agreed escalation processes.
- Support the Head of Legal Support & Facilities with projects and planning ensuring cost effective services are obtained and maintained.
- Procurement of supplies and services in conjunction with the central procurement team to ensure best value for money, regularly reviewing contracts with re-tender and award when necessary.
- Measure and support on supplier performance against agreed SLA’s.
- Lead in the completion of PQQ, DD, and audit documentation relating to facilities or health and safety matters.
- Production of statistics for any internal or external audits/tender documentation, production of MI for the Partnership / Senior Management.
- Escalate any serious concerns surrounding changes in workload, risks to the business, and health and safety to the Head of Legal Support & Facilities as appropriate.
- To liaise as appropriate with the Head of Risk and Assurance.
- Comply with practices and procedures.
- To be the point of contact for Facilities for the Partnership / Senior Management and provide best practice advice at all times.
Health and Safety:
- Direct line management of the Health & Safety Officer.
- Keep up to date with Health and Safety legislation and ensure the Firm’s policies and procedures exhibit the same, to include risk assessment, advising the business on legislative changes and implementing the same.
- Ensure accreditations and qualifications for the business are kept up to date including ensuring trained staff are in place throughout the firm.
- Ensure adherence to the Health and Safety policies throughout the Firm’s offices and actively review policies to ensure compliance with current legislation, with training updated as appropriate.
- Ensure the arrangement of necessary health and safety training for Fire Wardens and First Aiders, the monitoring of fire safety and first aid equipment and escalating any related concerns to the Head of Legal Support & Facilities.
- Identify and ensure relevant H&S training for all staff is available and complied with.
- Take an active role in Business Continuity Planning and be the key liaison for the offices within the central Management Incident Team.
- Support arrangements for emergency evacuation, fire and first aid.
- Take an active role in the event of an emergency.
- British Institute of Facilities Management Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- NEBOSH/IOSH certification
- Member of IWFM preferred
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org