Facilities Manager (FTC 6 – 9 Months)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-recognised company, are now looking for a Facilities Manager to join their team on a fixed term contract for 6-9 months.
This role will be either Part time or full time (3-5 days)
To manage the day-to-day responsibilities associated with the Company’s UK premises, external facilities management company and support functions, ensuring that a high level of service is provided and maintained for staff and visitors alike on a cost-effective basis.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and control the day-to-day office administration in connection with our external Facilities Management Service Supplier within the UK premises to an efficient and high standard, including the management of on-site job allocation for FM staff.
- Investigate, implement, negotiate, and maintain contractual relationships with the Company’s Service Suppliers to ensure a high level of service is maintained, continually achieving best value for money.
- Point of contact with the Company’s Health & Safety advisor to assist with the implementation of some Health & Safety matters in UK premises.
- Be the Site Responsible Officer for all facilities related matters
- Provide a focal point for all staff and external contacts in relation to facilities management.
- Assist with the coordination of office moves and/or closures, either internally within buildings or to new/other locations, as appropriate and ensuring minimal disruption. Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings.
- Project management, supervision, coordination and checking work of contractors such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external on-site contractors.
- Assist the UK Leadership Team with the development and maintenance of the Company’s Business Continuity plans for UK Premises.
- Procurement of Health & Safety/First Aid supplies in the UK Premises, such as DSE support equipment.
- Monitoring of Contractors’ SLAs and KPIs including target responsibilities.
- Point of contact for Regional Manager of external FM company in relation to budget control, review and forecast with a view to developing new business initiatives such as contract renewal strategy and contract management review and planning.
- IOSH desirable
- Formally recognised Health & Safety qualification (NEBOSH certificate, NVQ)
- Member of institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Working knowledge of Construction Design and Management regulations (CDM)
To be considered, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org