Project and Buildings ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a professional health association based in London, are now looking for a Project and Buildings Manager on an interim basis for 12-18 months. This is an exciting time to join the team as they close down operations in their current office and start to work on their new home, ready for a move in late 2019.
The post holder will be responsible for providing leadership in the detailed design and delivery of the new building. They will support the Executive Director, Resources, in the production of long-term strategies and policies to develop, enhance and optimise the use and benefit of the premises.
The Building Manager is a senior member of the Resources Directorate who, together with the Executive Director, Resources and Guest Services Lead is responsible for delivering effective management of the premises. This includes maintenance of the building, plant and equipment plus security, health and safety and supervision of the Guest Services Function.
- To maintain an asset register of all building services, furniture and equipment etc.
- To set up and manage the planned and reactive maintenance regimes for the building(s), grounds, plant and equipment.
- To maintain comprehensive records of the building(s) to include as installed drawings for M&E Services and Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Guarantees, Warranties and Contract Documents and Agreements – storing all information electronically.
- To understand document control systems and oversee compliance.
- To ensure the client is compliant with Health and Safety regulations.
- To be responsible for the security of the building.
- To project manage all building schemes and refurbishments.
- To manage the Buildings Team.
- To support and oversee the Guest Services Team.
- To be responsible for space planning and the purchase of office equipment.
- To provide regular performance data, reports and other information to Executive Director of Resources/Deputy CEO.
- To manage the Buildings team and provide support to the Guest Services Team, ensuring that the client maintains good employment practices, monitoring performance and ensuring personal development/training needs are met.
- To carry out regular estate inspections, ensuring that a schedule of regular maintenance of buildings, grounds, plant and equipment is adhered to, together with supporting records. In addition, provides an out-of-hours emergency maintenance call-out service.
- To negotiate and effectively manage service contracts for plant and equipment.
- To project manage all building schemes in the building, including liaising with the professional team and other parties as appropriate.
- To lead the work and co-ordinate Health and Safety activities, ensuring that the client provides a safe working environment for all staff and visitors and that it complies with all Health and Safety legislation.
- To be responsible for the security of the building, including management of the evening/weekend security contract and the re-tendering of this as appropriate.
- To oversee space planning activity and the purchase of office furniture.
- To manage the cost-effective purchase of utilities and to monitor usage.
- To provide advice and action on environmental issues, reporting to the Green Group.
- Prepare reports for the management and development of the estate.
- Ensure the terms of the current lease are observed and to provide advice as appropriate.
- Provide information regarding long-term investment and development programmes.
- To provide advice regarding the building insurance.
- Manage budgets and budget allocation and provides accurate data on activity.
- Contribute ideas, proposals and initiatives to enhance and develop the buildings, facilities, services and resources.
- Support, lead and participate in project groups as appropriate.
- To establish and then maintain good communications and co-operation with neighbours, peer groups, public services, TFL and the Local Authority.
- Other duties compatible with employment may be given by the Executive Director, Resources.
- Focuses on delivering results
- Leads by example in being reliable, consistent and flexible
- Makes decisions with confidence and takes initiative in problem solving
- Is skilled and knowledgeable in own functional area/ has recognised functional expertise in own team or department
- Seeks improvement and takes responsibility for continuous self-development
- Communicates assertively, confidently and clearly at all levels
- Is able to communicate complex issues logically and persuasively
- Influences at all levels
- Develops effective working relationships and partnerships
- Enhances team effectiveness
- Promotes equality of opportunity and dignity at work
- Ensures high standards of service delivery and encourages continuous improvement
- Develops effective relationships with customers and treats them fairly and consistently
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in order to meet customer needs and manage expectations
- Supports organisational change
- Provides guidance and support during times of change and uncertainty
- Encourages innovation and engagement
Management and leadership
- Gives purpose and direction
- Motivates, empowers and supports
- Manages performance effectively
- A relevant professional/technical qualification in Facilities and Construction and /or membership of a recognised appropriate institution
- A proven history of continued post qualification training
- Comprehensive knowledge of building construction and M&E Services installations
- Good working knowledge and understanding of IT systems/software
- Significant experience of managing operational services in a related organisation
- Experience of managing staff in different areas of work
- Experience of overseeing the work of outsourced contracts
- Experience of tendering and estate development
- Up-to-date knowledge and awareness of H&S legislation
- Experience of developing operational policies and procedures and of advising on longer-term strategies for development
- Experience of customer-focused service management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Able to formulate and push forward new initiatives
- Good IT skills
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Sound administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a wide range of contacts
- Knowledge and appreciation of the health sector
- Knowledge and appreciation of the work of the not-for-profit sector
If you think you’d be a good match for this role, send your CV immediately to email@example.com. Call 0207 118 4848 for more details.