Interim Facilities OfficerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-recognised educational establishment, are looking for a Facilities Officer to join their team.
This is initially a temporary arrangement but may go on longer for the right person.
The purpose of the role is the day to day operation and monitoring of soft services operations and ensuring appropriate monitoring systems are in place to deliver high quality services to all clients and customers across the estate. The Facilities Officer will report into the Facilities Services Manager.
- To monitor day to day soft services facilities contracts operations and take remedial action
- To liaise closely with contract staff to achieve an integrated delivery and develop systems of communications to encourage contractors to work together
- To suggest areas of modification to services where they may be further opportunities for improving the delivery of services
- To work closely with contracts managers to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and compliance information is accurate and able to inform management decisions.
- To develop full functionality of compliance software (currently C365) for the estate; ensuring effective management of data uploads by the client and contractor’s staff for soft and hard services.
- To review and monitor job reporting and help desk operation to ensure effectiveness of help desk operation
- To maintain administration systems to support operation of the contract, including variations, additional works, performance monitoring and complaints log
- To maintain regular contact with new and existing users of services both internal and external to the organisation and customer service
- To report any issues relating to the fabric and furnishings of the buildings
- To ensure that service providers have a clear understanding of the expectations of the client and are aware of the client’s strategy and objectives
- To coordinate meetings with contractors and attend
- To formulate methods to ensure clients’ view are expressed and undertaken.
- To review soft FM processes and systems as directed by the Facilities Services Manager
Health and Safety
- To assist on P&FM soft services H&S issues and ensure compliance systems are being followed
- To ensure FM contractors are aware, adhere to the clients procedures, and comply with the law.
- To promote a safe culture by contributing to Health & Safety and Risk Management. Implement and manage Safe Systems of Work and Permits to Work for soft services areas
- To provide on a monthly basis, contract reporting and monitoring information to the Facilities Service Manager based on soft services and C365.
- To work alongside all FM colleagues and to ensure continuous improvement in contracts whilst developing KPIs and SLAs in order to support ongoing monitoring of long-term contracts Finance
- To monitor and raise purchase/work orders for additional and out of scope requests for FM soft services and catering.
- To assist with compilation of budgets and financial control of FM and catering contracts.
- To input, as appropriate, in the use and management of purchasing information and systems.
- To deputise for the Facilities Services Manager
- To actively follow and promote the client’s policies, including their Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote wherever possible.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations
- Any other duties consistent with both the grade and scope of the post
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post holder by line manager.
- Experience of developing/overseeing compliance systems
- Experience of developing and analysing CAFM Performance Management and KPI Reports.
- Fully conversant with Auditing Soft Services.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of monitoring FM operations across a large multi-site portfolio.
- Experience of contract management and procurement practices relating to project and service delivery particularly in HE environment
- Experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships
- Excellent administrative skills
- Calm and poised under pressure
- Ability to challenge in a constructive manner
- Ability to develop creative solutions to difficult issues
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Open and diplomatic approach
- Effective communication skills confidently and persuasively with people at all levels both orally and in writing
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Organised, driven, enthusiastic
- Passionate about improving standards and quality of service delivery
- Committed to continual personal and professional development.
- Experience of working on Listed Buildings and within Conservation Areas
- Experience of working on the client side of an organisation
- Ability to develop and influence strategic aims and goals and organise delivery effectively to time, budget and agreed quality standards, both personally and through others
- Ability to manage risks and understand and articulate impacts
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding and experience of FM and supplier Management within HE sector
- Understanding of key health & safety legislation
- Understanding of Compliance regimes and systems
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATONS
- The post holder should be of a graduate calibre or equivalent by experience or ability
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- Membership of a British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)