Facilities Manager (Creative Media Company – Client Side)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are delighted to be recruiting for one of the world’s top international media and creative companies. The vacancy is for a Facilities Manager based in Central London in an extremely high-quality office space of around 250,000 sqft. The offices offer a lively and friendly place to work with their people being at the forefront of what they do. They provide solid foundations for building a professional career in a thrilling company where people are encouraged to learn, develop new skills and progress their careers.
We are looking for a stimulating, talented, experienced, charismatic and highly skilled FM to lead the local HQ Facilities team, taking responsibility for and enhancing facilities for the UK & Global Head Office. As the FM responsible for the UK & Global Head Office, the individual will play a significant role as the face and voice of the business and will lead by example demonstrating the highest levels of service and compliance. You will also be part of creating an award-winning team and office space. Playing a leading role ensuring the Head Offices are well maintained, well presented, safe, and secure, the FM is also responsible for ensuring an incomparable visit for the clients every time.
One of the great selling points of this role is that you will be part of a large office move to new flagship, state of the art headquarters in early 2022 and the successful candidate will work as a key part of the wider project team in delivering this move and the company will then be sole occupiers of an 8 floor building in central London covering over 300,000 sqft.
- Play a key role managing the local team in delivering high standards of FM/H&S/E&E compliance to the business.
- Be the key person for all operational FM matters and should build/develop the brand of the FM function throughout the UK & Global Head Office ensuring FM/H&S/E&E is embedded into the business.
- Be responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service ensuring internal SLA’s are developed and aligned with the wider business objectives and establishing themselves as the local escalation point. All FM activity will be managed via a CAFM helpdesk and the FM will be responsible for monitoring and reporting performance to the business.
- Security of the Head Office and the people are paramount and it will be your job to develop the approach to security, embedding this into the business and the people including working with the 3rd party security business partners.
- You will manage all 3rd party suppliers for the UK & Global Head Office in alignment with procurement procedures, SLA’s and KPI’s ensuring high levels of service. To include but not limited to M&E/Hard services, catering and hospitality, cleaning, security.
- You will be in charge of managing supplier and contractor statutory documentation, insurance/liabilities and compliance, including all suppliers are of a suitable standard in terms of capability and qualification
- You’ll be working closely with the Finance team; the FM is responsible for managing the FM budget for the Head Office ensuring suitable provisions/forecasts are put in place. The budget should be closely monitored ensuring it is not exceeded, at the same time as looking to identify savings without compromising quality.
- You will be responsible for managing capital improvements, alterations, moves, relocations and any project works ensuring they are scoped and delivered effectively, competitively and efficiently in line with developing the
- You will play a leading part within the local incident management team for the Head office. This will include developing and testing of the BCP/DR plans in line with the rest of the business.
- You will also be responsible for acting as the local lead for all CSR initiatives ensuring the UK & Global Head Office meets/exceeds the objectives and expectations
- Demonstrable experience managing complete portfolios of soft/hard Facilities for a large corporate property in London.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a large multiskilled Facilities team for a minimum of 5 years.
- Health and Safety qualified – NEBOSH NGC or equivalent preferred.
- Experience managing a challenging PSL including developing SLA/KPI’s and monitoring performance
- Demonstrable experience managing budgets in excess of £1m.
- Experience delivering sustainable building initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience of space planning.
- Experience managing physical security policy and implementation.
- Demonstrable experience of Project Management/programs of works
- Specific technical/professional skills & experience.
- MIWFM (formerly MBIFM) or similar certified.
- Experience in performance management and dealing with complex HR related issues
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels of people across the business
- Self-driven with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality service delivery
- Proactive, takes responsibility, delegates, influences, consults and refers appropriately
- Able to multi task
- A natural forward planner who is highly organised and pays attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for working with people and a flexible approach to work is essential
- Excellent administrative skills with close attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- A GCSE or other equivalent professional qualification appropriate for the role
- Specific technical/professional skills & experience
- Experience in developing business proposals
- Large project management experience
- ISO 14001:2015 internal auditor
- ISO 45001 internal auditor
- Management experience working in the creative media or technology sector
- Experience working within as part of a wider Facilities team
- Experience of managing vendor contracts
- Previous experience of security access
If you can demonstrate the above experience and you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call us directly on 02071184848