Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading entertainment company, are now looking for a Facilities Assistant to ensure effective support to the Facilities Supervisor and FM Team within the organisation. Ensure the building is kept to a high standard at all times and complies with both health and safety and environmental guidelines. Work closely with the Facilities Supervisor. To be first point of call for all facilities questions within the building.
- Carry out building & meeting room checks daily, ensuring any issues are recorded and dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Monitoring of helpdesk and facilities mailbox as well as daily administration tasks.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring all security passes within the buildings.
- Induction of staff and issuing of access cards.
- Ensure an accurate record is kept of all New Starters and Leavers.
- The ordering and upkeep of the stationery that is used by all the buildings.
- First point of call for all printer enquiries and ordering consumables.
- Onsite liaison for pest control.
- Working with the Plant Supplier to ensure the office plants are well maintained and adhoc ordering of extra plants.
- Assisting the Facilities Supervisor with office moves and other general adhoc projects.
- Ordering new furniture as and when required.
- Ensure external contractors have authority to work and have provided the correct health and safety documentation to commence work. Record contractor activities onsite.
- Liaise with all vendors, suppliers and contractors as required ensuring all scheduled work is carried out.
- General health and safety duties including risk assessments and other statutory and not statutory site requirements.
- Contribute to a positive department profile within the business by being approachable and professional at all times.
- Assist with maintaining the property to an acceptable condition utilising the approved outsourced M&E, cleaning and security contractors, ensuring that the site is always fully operational
- Assist with the local management of Environmental matters to ensure targets are met and any issues are resolved.
- Prepare for Health & Safety and Environmental audits.
- Record all recycling data and file transfer notes appropriately.
- Carry out the building fire drills and ensure a maintained fire marshal system.
- Organise Health and Safety training with SIEE staff in line with legislation.
- Work with IT to project manage and deliver staff moves.
- Ensure that SIEE Procedures are adhered to in relation to all purchase requisitions and invoices within Facilities.
- Ensure signage on site is appropriate and up to date
- Carry out workstation assessments (DSE)
- IOSH qualified
- Experience working within a Facilities environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office (especially Excel & Power Point)
- Experience raising purchase orders, processing invoices and dealing with vendors
- Previous knowledge of Environmental services
- Experience carrying out workstation assessments
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this exciting role.