Project Director (2 YR Fixed Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a financial services organisation, are now looking for this role to manage a major HQ relocation project from start to finish.
Acting at Associate Director level, you would also be responsible for devising all necessary documentation leading to contracting of the professional team for the HQ Project and, thereafter, its management and monitoring.
You will develop, maintain and coordinate the project programme and related risks register. This position will have a major role in devising and implementing related change management and communication programme in the context of staff relocation.
- Establish, manage and maintain all governance, systems, protocols and procedures to meet project objectives.
- Prepare contracting documentation for all phases of the HQ Project and, working with all stakeholders to implement appropriate strategy.
- Working closely with the external project team oversee the preparation of the scope services for tendering and, evaluate tender responses for all phases of the project, including the furniture procurement and relocation.
- Develop and monitor a detailed programme for all phases of the HQ project and monitor progress to achieve delivery on the targeted completion date.
- Work with the external project team to develop project objectives and initial project brief.
- Prepare a sustainability strategy for the fit out in consideration of the base building BREEAM Outstanding rating
- Direct and manage the external project management team and oversee the appointed design consultants to deliver concept design, developed design and coordinated detailed technical design.
- Working with the cost consultant analyse the current budget against the final designs and identify areas of potential opportunity and threat.
- Working with the external project team coordinate the preparation of the detailed design documentation for tendering
- Define, implement and manage a robust change control procedure
- Working with the external project team monitor the procurement, construction and implementation of the main contractor works to programme
- Oversee the various contractors/suppliers during the fitout period
- Prepare a snagging list and monitor the completion
- Establish an after care and defects management process
- Work with the landlord, consultants and colleagues to agree an appropriate handover strategy
- Define an appropriate change management approach
- Manage and maintain current and comprehensive information
- Degree or Project Management Qualification within the real estate/construction industry
- High calibre professional, experienced in managing complex construction and fit out projects of comparable size and complexity is essential
- Demonstrated ability to draft high quality tender and contract documentation
- Comprehensive understanding of all legislative and regulatory requirements associated with construction and fit out projects including but not limited to planning, building regulations etc.
- Excellent communicator, experienced in dealing with clients at all levels within an organisation, including Board level
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to manage project budget from validation, through robust change control procedures, to practical completion and final account
- Good understanding of WELL Building Standard would be an advantage
- Experience in assessment and mitigation of risks is essential
- Ability to manage multiple external consultants, contractors, suppliers etc.
- Excellent in organizing, prioritizing, scheduling, planning and coordinating work
- Ability to work flexibly, outside of normal working hours, and manage conflicting situations and priorities to meet the programme and ensure desired outcomes
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this exciting role.