Project ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-recognised and highly prestigious company, have assigned us to recruit a Project Manager to manage and deliver a portfolio of projects across the London and Berkshire estates and ensure customer focussed and cost effective project delivery.
- To manage members of team (Project Supervisors and/or Assistant Project Managers) as required, and ensure individuals are undertaking their duties effectively, that they reach performance standards, and that development needs are identified and addressed
- Working in close liaison with the team, to oversee works and drive the performance of contractors and consultant teams to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards
- To be responsible for the end-to-end project and programme management of a portfolio of project works, varying in scope and scale. This will include: planning; preparation of specifications, schedules of work, sketch plans and simple working drawing; management of the tender process; appointment of contractors; supervision through to completion, contract administration, settlement of final accounts and handover to the Operations team.
- To liaise closely with Property Section colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works so as to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards.
- To work with colleagues across the organisation, to ensure that projects take account of the continued operation of the Estates and that disruption is minimised; to utilise project programming software as a management tool.
- To maintain project management methodology including adherence to the Property Section Governance and Procurements Rules, document templates and filing systems.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- To ensure that all relevant statutory compliance and legislative requirements are met; that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and adhered to; and that consultants and contractors are competent; to ensure that corrective measures are taken when necessary to address any issues of non-compliance
- To promote a culture of health, safety, fire and risk awareness and management and to regularly review compliance
Financial, Contract and Governance Management:
- To ensure that all works are conducted in line with the Governance framework and policies.
- To ensure works are procured in the most cost-effective manner in order to achieve excellent value for money, in accordance with the Property Section’s Procurement Rules
- To ensure all financial, tender and contract management procedures comply with Procurement Rules, and that financial authorisations fall within delegations
- To ensure the Asset Information Management for the estate is maintained through good records management practices and project works are appropriately handed over and handed back to Property Section colleagues. This will include updating of drawings, asset information, certificates, contracts etc
- To ensure all IT and financial systems are utilised correctly and kept up-to-date including accurate records and retention schedules
- To pro-actively manage stakeholder relationships and communicate regularly to internal and external stakeholders (including the client and all those affected by the works) on the progress and impact of works so as to minimise disruption
- To liaise closely with customers to ensure the service provided meets their needs and expectations and that the highest levels of customer service are delivered
- Educated to degree level with substantial experience as a Surveyor (building or engineering), and ideally gained within an environment of occupied spaces.
- Experience of managing and maintaining historic / listed buildings will be a significant advantage.
- First-rate project/programme management skills. Able to manage a varied portfolio of work, tight programmes, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources
- Demonstrable experience in relation to statutory compliance and risk management
- Proven experience to deliver a portfolio of projects, with detailed programme management of works in an occupied and live environment.
- Adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach to teamwork is essential
- Proven Experience of budget management, cost control and contract management, ideally gained within a value for money environment
- Good people management and contractor relationship management skills
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure
- Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of property services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office and CAD, and ideally experience of programme management software.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.