A/C & Ventilation Maintenance Support Engineer (Temp to Perm)Back to Vacancies List
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate and deliver ppm tasks and any associated works/projects on HVAC systems and specialist air movement plant and; liaise closely with other Professional & Technical staff within Estates to ensure coordinated, effective, customer focused solutions and delivery.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers to meet the overall mission.
- Procure, commission and manage a range of HVAC services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate provide assistance to ac building services manager directly or colleagues regarding all specialist ac plant.
- Audit the performance of service providers, including contractors and DLO as appropriate and develop audit paperwork.
- Witness pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning of HVAC & specialist vent systems working with transition team members and BMS controls contractors.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations attending meeting on behalf of ac building services manager when requested.
- Manage/undertake inspections, surveys, risk assessments, feasibility studies and diagnostic fault finding and initiate appropriate actions; establish the most practical and effective resolution of problems.
- Manage maintenance projects ensuring compliance with specifications, cost estimates and timescales.
- Prepare regular management/performance information to Ac building services manager/Team Leader and EM&I Senior Management Team as required.
- Oversee delegated budgets for assigned programmes and service provisions.
- Liaise frequently with other Estates Project Managers to ensure that maintenance needs arising from new construction and major refurbishment are recognised, recorded and planned for.
- Ensure the accurate and timely compilation and maintenance of essential records and data; maintain relevant records, inputting data to systems as required; assist in the compilation of detailed asset registers.
- Contribute positively to EM&I’s collective approach to managing the effective procurement and performance of service providers, including service standards, costs, health & safety.
- Drive Contactor management (Financial, Quality, Site management/safety, and Performance) taking ownership as client representative on project works, service delivery within role.
- Full understanding of working functions of building ventilation systems
- Multi-site management skills.
- Works under pressure.
- Setting up PPM schedules and audit of such.
- Working knowledge of BMS systems
- Specialist Ventilation equipment including fume cupboards
- Relevant professional HVAC experience
- Extensive HVAC practical experience and relevant technical knowledge
- including the management of maintenance operations using contractors and
- directly employed staff
- Thorough knowledge and experience of maintenance operations in a large multi- site organisation
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or click the ‘apply now’ button below.