Interim Head of Estates and Facilities Management (6 – 8 Months)Back to Vacancies List
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Provide strategic leadership to the wider FM team including supporting capital projects. This is a highly visible delivery role which requires an individual who can effectively manage their team in a dynamic and fast paced environment to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Establish and maintain regular high-level engagement with senior officials and management to manage expectations, influence decisions, explain options and plans in support of strategic accommodation choices.
- Provide leadership and strategic engagement with senior suppliers.
- Support the FM manager to deliver all aspects of day to day soft services in addition to supporting the logistics and delivery of an extensive capital projects and maintenance/minor works programme.
- Ensure the appropriate control environment is in place to manage all FM contracts, and that proper analysis and scrutiny is carried out by the team to ensure a satisfactory delivery to quality standards and delivering value for money.
- Actively participate in management groups as appropriate.
- Provide direction and oversight of all activities to ensure the team meet budgetary responsibilities and comply with financial reporting procedures.
- Ensure the appropriate control environment exists to ensure legislative statutory compliance i.e. health and safety, accessibility, incident control and business continuity.
- Contribute to the client’s wider estates strategic objectives including cross government estates programmes, working closely with the Head of Estates.
- Maintain the professionalism of facilities management in the context of the government profession framework.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivering an excellent property and facilities management service for the headquarters.
- Supporting Capital Projects lead to ensure timely and on budget delivery of high-profile capital projects to improve the building (including refitting the workspace, replacement of the heating and cooling system).
- Supporting team to identify solutions for surge accommodation
- Engagement with senior officials on accommodation and estates issues, including Ministers and private office and ensuring regular updates to the senior HR individuals.
- Leading on pro-active communication related to accommodation and estates issues and ensuring staff are aware and kept up to date.
- Working with the Head of Estates, follow up with suppliers, including our facilities management contractors, on potential service issues and associated continuous improvement activity. Pro-actively identifying potential issues and taking action to prevent these.
- Resolution of estates issues as they arise, with occasional out of hours work required.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory requirements including Health and Safety requirements.
- Support the Head of Department in the delivery of cross government property initiatives including the transfer of the buildings and supporting the Estates team through a period of uncertainty and change.
- Qualified in or working towards a professional qualification in Facilities Management either MBIFM or AssocRICS and associate IEMA.
- Proven experience of strategically leading a customer facing FM team and have demonstrable experience in creating a culture of service excellence.
- Adept in people management including mentoring, motivating and developing staff
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, including the effective performance management of external supplier
- Strong presentation, influencing, coaching and communication skills, in both oral and written forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build productive relationships at all levels, internally and externally. Excellent stakeholder management skills that demonstrate an appropriate balance between diplomacy, customer service and assertiveness.
- Highly effective at prioritisation, able to manage multiple priorities, drive forward strategic projects while effectively prioritising more immediate, reactive work.
- Forward looking, innovative thinker with an ability to identify the opportunities offered by technology to improve Facilities Management and delivery of estates services.
- Effective, evidence-based decision making. Able to analyse and evaluate data, identify pros and cons and risks to make decisions that take account of the wider context, including legal frameworks, diversity and sustainability.
- Well-practiced and effective at identifying risks and acting upon early warning signs of emerging issues. Capable of providing a decisive response to delivery risks and issues.
- Manages complexity, identifies the main issues in complex problems, takes steps to clarify understanding and develops suitable solutions.
- Adopt a Government-wide perspective to ensure alignment of activity and wider government policy.
- Ability to see the big picture and consider the cumulative impact on own business area of implementing change (culture, structure, service and morale).
This is a highly diverse and responsible interim role in the heart of London, perfect for those looking to further develop their FM skillset and experience within a fast-paced environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay.