Facilities Specialist (Investment Firm)Back to Vacancies List
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Health and Safety
- Develop, implement and administer health and safety programs to meet legislative requirements and the client’s global standards and requirements
- Implement necessary processes and training programs to ensure compliance with health and safety, fire safety standards.
- Liaise with peers in the client’s global offices to ensure compliance with internal standards.
- Ensure compliance with the client’s Compliance Management System (CMS).
- Work alongside the building management team to provide fire safety training as required by local legislation
- Prepare and maintain Business Continuity documentation and reference material on behalf of the department
- Work with the Senior Manager to ensure the Facilities and Office Services team meets its annual Accessibility commitments
- Develop and deliver employee health and safety training (including fire warden training) required by legislation or the clients fire emergency procedures
- Responsible for regular Life Safety checks according to predetermined schedules (includes annual workplace inspections; monthly fire extinguishers, first aid kits and AED unit inspections)
- Manage the Find Your Flag program to account for staff and guests in emergency situations; coordinate global programs
- Organize and administer the annual Flu Shot Clinic and arrange First Aid/CPR/AED training
- Provide Life Safety-Incident reporting
- Manage the Persons Requiring Assistance program in partnership with Building Management
- Assist with the Ergonomics program by performing Ergonomic Assessments and making appropriate recommendations.
Facilities and Office Services
Facilities and Office Services
- Be accountable for access control and video surveillance systems and performs day-to-day operational and administrative routines associated with access control and CCTV systems, including data base management
- Manage employee photo identification process
- Be accountable for maintaining authorized access lists to restricted areas and conducts quarterly self-audits
- Be responsible for facility and furniture key management
- Participate in annual physical IT security audits
- Investigate and report on security related incidents and losses
- Arrange and coordinate security escorts and guard service as needed
- Liaise with Building Management regarding premises security
- Coordinate freight and loading dock bookings
- Manage daily security reports from staff.
- Ensure CCTV cameras are in good working order and are operational at all times; conduct regular audits to ensure operation; place service calls on access control and CCTV systems and manage the relationship with the service provider
- Act as backup for international offices local security systems
- Verify online status of the access control and CCTV system after power shut downs, globally.
- Must be a team player who is highly responsive, reliable, adaptable, self-motivated and time flexible
- Must have flexibility to work additional hours from time-to-time in excess of the Standard hours. This may include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as required
- Provide support and/or cover to the Office manager when required
- Be able to undertake minor maintenance repairs, to keep and maintain the London office to a high standard. To include and not limited to:
- Minor furniture repairs
- Basic lighting repairs
- Building fabric repairs
- Ability to travel to support other offices, when required.