Engineering Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
With one of the largest portfolios in the world, our client has a particular focus on real estate, renewable power and infrastructure assets. Employing over 70,000 people worldwide, this world-leading client has now asked Maxwell Stephens to provide its expertise in finding an ambitious and highly experienced Engineering Services Manager for their property.
- After working in a managing role within multi-discipline environment for over three years, you’re a skilled hand at all hard and soft services. Your knowledge and abilities range from service desk functions all the way to HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical controls.
- A natural born leader, you can provide your team with the direction and motivation they need in day-to-day operations and challenging situations. You’ll inspire them to strive for excellence in their service; delivering above and beyond client expectations. You’ll help them to develop their skillsets and work to achieve both their personal and operational targets.
- Making sure your clients, colleagues and the business are protected, you’re a firm advocate of good health and safety practices. You’re up to date on all current legislation and have experience in managing safe working practices as well as statutory compliance.
- Highly organised, you always plan ahead to ensure your projects are executed perfectly. You thrive under pressure and always hit your deadlines. With considerable experience in managing technical incidents right through to resolution, you’re able to keep a level head in stressful situations.
- Holding a relevant professional qualification, such as Eng.Tech or I.Eng, and a valid IOSH Managing Safely qualification, you’ve flourished as HV/AP or SAP in the past and you’re eager to bring your unique skillset to the team.
- You have worked with Building Management Systems and PPM management systems. Having also managed a permit to process, you may also hold a Higher National Certificate/Diploma or Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Building Service Engineering.
- Reviewing and coordinating Tenant fit out activities ensuring safe systems of work are adopted consistently.
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “rotateInUpRight” entry_delay= “0” entry_duration= “2.5” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “scroll” scroll_offset= “75” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Using tact and diplomacy ensure good communications to all stakeholders on issues relating to the day to day operation of the property.
- Take ownership and pursue effective communications with the Occupiers in order to build positive working relationships.
- Manage and supervise the Senior Technicians, Technicians and specialist contractors when they are undertaking planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with, or better than, HVAC SFG20/CIBSE guidelines.
- Manage, appraise, develop and mentor direct reports in line with the company’s policy.
- Supervise staff performance and conduct on a day to day basis to ensure professional and productive performance is provided by all team members.
- Manage resources to ensure staff holiday, sickness and training absence are suitably managed and cover provided.
- To hold regular meetings with the maintenance team.
- Ensure staff are suitable trained and regularly drilled on the safe and proper operation of all M&E plant and operating systems. Plan and arrange staff training in line with the company’s training matrix.
- Ensure site processes and procedures are adhered to by all maintenance personnel.
- To proactively manage third party contractors, building positive relationships and working in partnership with them to resolve contractual or technical issues.
- Promote a safety first culture within the team.
- Be responsibly available to support emergency incidents outside of normal working hours.
- To fulfil any other duties reasonable necessary in the interest of the smooth and efficient operation of the property.
Health and Safety:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons
- who may be affected by your acts or omissions at works.
- To co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable the company to
- comply fully and at all times with its legal duties regarding health, safety and welfare matters.
- Never to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- Never to perform work you are not qualified to do or have not been properly trained for.
- To familiarise yourself with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and to comply fully at all times with the company’s health, safety, welfare and fire arrangements.
- To report immediately all accidents involving injuries and illness verbally to your immediate superior and a First Aider and make or have made on your behalf, an entry in the company’s Accident Book.
- Never to use any machinery, work equipment, dangerous substance, transport equipment, system of work or safety device unless you have been authorised to do so and then only in accordance with any training received by you and any instructions provided to you.
- To inform the company immediately of any work situation which you consider represents a serious and immediate danger to health and safety or represents a shortcoming in the company’s arrangements for health and safety.
- To report to the company any medical condition you have and any medication or substance you are taking which could affect the safety of yourself or others.
- To seek medical treatment for all injuries you sustain (no matter how slight they appear).
- If required, to co- operate fully and promptly with any accident investigation carried out by the company.
This is an exciting role working for a company with a genuine global reach. Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response to this role so apply without delay to ensure consideration.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click ‘apply now’