Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
You are expected to be proficient in dealing with Health & Safety matters in line with legislation, ensuring compliance with regulations are met and properly documented. You will ensure that the FM team maintains the properties in a pro-active, cost effective, efficient and responsive manner.
- Actively procure and manage contracts and services providers.
- Management of hard & soft services.
- Managing the Facilities Maintenance team and subcontractors for organising day-to-day and reactive maintenance of the properties.
- Managing periodic inspection regimen of plant to ensure compliance.
- Provide plant and asset performance reports to support future CAPEX projects.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of service charge budgets.
- Ensure the maintenance services fully meet both contractual and statutory requirements, including undertaking sub-contractor and in-house audits and monitoring KPI’s.
- Preparation of Risk Assessments and Method statements.
- Develop and manage systems for the ‘Control of Contractors’ including the delivery of permit-to work systems.
- Develop a programme for improving the efficiency of plant across the Estate.
- Establishing an effective centralised reporting and prioritising system for repairs/maintenance requirements.
- Liaison with the Property Management Team, to programme refurbishment works and ensure its delivery in a timely manner.
- First point of contact for key holders.
- Maintenance of a high standard customer service
- Creating high performing team in line with the values.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Demonstrable experience of managing facilities across a diverse property portfolio.
- Demonstrable experience of the procurement of contractors and service providers for both hard & soft services.
- Experience of managing sub-contractor relationships and supply chain management within a multi-faceted operation.
- Experience in health and safety and risk management
- Working knowledge of statutory compliance within the facilities environment.
- Detailed operational understanding of facilities maintenance and building services within a client focused environment.
- Experience in the development and management of PPM programmes.
- Leading in CDM procedures.
- Management of asbestos control.
- Experience in the understanding of COSHH.
- Understanding of EPC requirements.
- Implementation of Forward Maintenance Register programme.
- Operation/control of a CAFM system.
- Experience of budget and project management.
- High level reporting skills.
- Environmental management (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a team.