Facilities Manager (6 Month FTC)Back to Vacancies List
Purpose of the Role
- Provide a visible presence by ensuring the best quality of service and excellent customer communications.
- Be responsible for the successful delivery, implementation and management of the current Total Facilities Management (TFM) contract, ensuring all hard and soft services are delivered to a high standard, in line with Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
- Support the monitoring of suppliers performance indicators and supervising regular supplier assessment, analysis and reporting.
- Work with the Capital Projects lead to deliver specific capital projects.
- Manage the Facilities Management Team (two direct reportees) and work closely with the Health and Safety Officer.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of central government reporting requirements via e-pims, working more broadly with the Environmental Sustainability Manager and Health and Safety Manager to coordinate/implement initiatives and procedures as required.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for staff and contractors allowing the client to deliver it’s core business.
- Lead on business as usual projects as detailed within the Forward Maintenance Register ensuring the register remains up to date.
- Be responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, ensuring this is kept up to date and reflective of capital projects change to assets.
- Support the Head of Estates on financial management, including ensuring accurate profiling, forecasting and reporting of spend and ensuring timely and accurate receipting and payment.
This is a diverse delivery role which requires an individual who will be responsible for the daily operations and management of the estate including supporting the timely delivery of capital projects. Technically competent, you will be analytical by nature and have a tenacious approach to problem solving. You will be a strong communicator and confident in your dealings with others, regardless of hierarchy. You will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable in producing written reports and management information. You’ll be positive by nature with a ‘can do’ approach to achieving personal and team results.
- Demonstrate leadership in a team with multiple priorities.
- Responsible for ensuring business, operational service and project delivery in a large complex organisation.
- Manage the budget supported by divisional finance manager/team. Fully understand and work with the finance manager to provide monthly reporting, forecasting, assist with end of year reports, transparency queries and budget submissions etc.
- Support delivery of existing capital projects, working closely with the Capital Projects lead.
- Lead on specific business as usual building related projects in line with agreed forward maintenance plans.
- Liasing with wider project team and security on project planning and mitigating risks and issues to ensure smooth implemenation.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate resources and delivery under the TFM contract meets service standards by providing quality assurance of the contract through the appropriate key performance indicators mechanisms, carry out monthly audits and provide appropriate reports where required.
- Supporting the wider team on managing events and Top Management Group requests, providing expertise and guidance and ensuring appropriate resources are in place to ensure quality delivery.
- Liaise with external departments where appropriate.
- Establishing relationships with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally to deliver demanding business requirements.
- Managing Estates tasks via Service Anywhere. Continually reviewing processes to ensure information is current and meets operational requirements, lessons learned and for efficiencies.
- Provide management data for reporting for all service levels, Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
- Responsibility for working alongside the Health and Safety Manager ensuring appropriate control measures and mitigations are in place to provide a safe and secure environment for all staff.
- Experience within a facilities management / contract management function
- Membership IWFM or equivalent
- IWFM Level 5
- Core budget management skills.
- ICT/BCP Knowledge.
- Extensive Knowlegde of managing outsourced FM contracts successfully (including understanding key performance related schedules within contracts)
- Clear demonstration of FM skills in both meeting customer needs and managing supplier relationships
- Prince 2 Practitoner