Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)Back to Vacancies List
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance in line with the service requirements and/or other guidance such as SFG20/CIBSE/manufacturers guidelines for HVAC and associated M & E equipment. Report on job progress, status and close out.
- Carry out reactive building maintenance tasks and inspections including appropriate prioritisation of jobs, liaison with third party contractors and ensure relevant stakeholders are kept up to date with job status at all times.
- Receive, complete and close out all planned and reactive jobs using the CAFM system mobile application. To provide feedback on rectification actions taken and/or any problems/issues or delays to completing jobs on time. Provide user feedback on the CAFM system to assist with improvements.
- Carry out fault-finding, repair, minor installation and testing of HVAC and mechanical & electrical systems throughout the Estate under the instruction of the M&E Team
- To undertake regular documented inspections of mothballed properties as per guidance note to ensure buildings are safe.
- Undertake and record regular machinery and plant room checks and inspections and ensure plant rooms are kept clean and tidy, are locked at all times and maintenance records and log books are kept up to date.
- To respond to emergency situations relating to the operation of the building’s mechanical and electrical services as directed and, when required, outside of normal working hours.
- Respond effectively to building alarms received from the helpdesk or BMS, and escalate alarms where necessary.
- Ensure materials required to carry out regular routine tasks are available for use and that replenishment is undertaken in a manner that does not cause delays. To maintain an inventory of frequently used stock.
- Ensure the induction of external contractors prior to commencing works ensuring they are fully aware of all requirements.
- Supervise contractors and monitor works to ensure services are carried out in accordance with safety standards, contract requirements, and relevant regulations.
- Escort contractors during maintenance visits, ensuring that working guidelines are followed at all times and provide assistance as required.
- Carry out all preparation works and safety checks for all official functions.
- Provide attendance at functions (including evenings and weekends) to ensure all plant and equipment is working effectively and any decommissioning of equipment is completed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with key staff in the Department to ensure room checks and remedial work is undertaken in a timely manner to ensure the safe and comfortable occupation of guests and visiting staff.
- Uphold the integrity of the company at all times and ensure high levels of customer service are provided.
- Deal courteously with the colleagues, the general public and the other departments to maintain and enhance its reputation
- Assist in continually reviewing and improving both directly delivered and contracted services.
Health & Safety:
- Maintain the building to a safe standard by ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed, standards are met, legislation complied with, hazards identified and remedied in a timely manner.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who are working under the instruction of the Property Department.
- To inform the company immediately of any work situation which you reasonable consider represents a serious and immediate danger to health and safety or represents a shortcoming in health and safety arrangements.
- Identify, manage and report any risks, accidents or near misses in a timely manner.
- Hold a relevant industry qualification for mechanical engineering
- Recognised apprenticeship, NVQ Level 2/3 & F Gas or equivalent training programme
- Relevant knowledge of mechanical installations and significant experience in the industry, preferably in building maintenance and minor refurbishment.
- A proven ability to identify problems, understand key M&E issues and investigate solutions
- Knowledge of CAFM and helpdesk systems.
- Hold a clean UK driving licence
- An approachable and flexible ‘it will be done’ attitude to the variety of work that often arises.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing and maintaining good stakeholder/customer relationships, with excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of maintenance services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where a positive approach to teamwork is essential
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a varied workload
- IT Literate with a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications inc. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working in Listed Buildings would be an advantage