Facilities and Real Estate Manager (Tech Company)Back to Vacancies List
Sitting within the global Operations function, and working closely with senior stakeholders across the organisation, the F&RE Manager will take a leading role in setting our clients global real estate strategy, and will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery, tracking, and operations of our global corporate facilities.
Real Estate Strategy and Planning:
- Monitor headcount growth projections vs physical space by office. Propose detailed plans and associated cost models that consider densification, expansion, extension and relocation options, as well as comparisons between traditional leasing and serviced office alternatives. Propose, maintain, and report on budgets for operating and capital expenditure.
- Manage broker partners (if used) to build pipeline of options, having worked with key stakeholders to develop briefs. Select shortlist of options, propose and execute negotiation strategy. Review and negotiate lease agreements. Ensure the client, landlords, and 3rd parties operate within the parameters of negotiated leases.
F&RE KPI Ownership:
- Set, track, report, and propose strategies based on a set of relevant metrics that ensure the portfolio is economically efficient and meets high user experience standards.
- Manage construction build outs, densifications, refurbishments, and reinstatements. Design briefs, interview, negotiate rates, and appoint 3rd party professional teams (e.g. design & build organisations / general contractors / external RE counsel / cost consultants / architects). Manage external and internal teams to deliver projects within time and budget.
- Ensure smooth running of all aspects of our client’s global facilities and facilities services, including maintenance / insurance / security / cleaning / rates appeal / H&S / fire safety / business continuity / waste. Work with local operations teams to keep pulse of workspace requirements of local business units, collate and analyse inputs, and plan and implement re-stacking as necessary.
People / Vendor Management:
- Manage a diverse team of internal and external stakeholders, both directly and indirectly, to achieve goals.
- In addition to leveraging 3rd party vendors and consultants, this role will primarily scale through indirect management of global Operations team members, partnership with local stakeholders (especially in smaller offices where Operations FTEs are not present), and through a small team of direct reports. Over time, the F&RE Manager will scale a lean and efficient team of additional dedicated Facilities professionals.
- F&RE Experience: 4-6+ years of directly relevant experience in a fast-paced environment. Robust experience and demonstrable successes each of the areas listed under “Responsibilities.” Experience managing tens to hundreds of thousands of square feet globally across multiple sites. Knowledge of real estate standards, policies, metrics, and best practices is required. Global experience is a plus.
- Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree is a requirement, preferably relating to Real Estate, Finance, or Real Estate Finance. Relevant professional qualifications are a plus (Project Management / Facilities Management). Proven record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities.
- Results Orientation and Drive: The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter with strong prioritisation skills, taking a pragmatic approach to identifying the highest impact areas of focus, then designing and following well-considered plans to unlock value. Resilience and determination are key qualities for this role, as is a meticulous mindset and consistent attention to detail.
- Analytical mindset: Takes a structured, logical, and critical approach to problems. Sharp appreciation and manipulation of value drivers. Comfortable modelling and comparing scenarios in excel. Gets a kick out of constantly optimising.
- Organisation and Project Management: Extensive experience managing multiple concurrent large-scale projects. Tackles projects, BAU operations, and ad hoc tasks with a meticulous, organised, and thorough approach.
- Agility: Confident multi-tasker who relishes the challenge of working cross- function / geography / project / F&RE discipline, with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Communication: Compelling written and spoken communicator, comfortable navigating nuance and inspiring confidence and positivity in others.
- Stakeholder Management and Interpersonal Skills: Working as a sparring partner across all functions, levels, and regions, the successful candidate will be able to quickly forge trusted and positive professional relationships. The ability to create, assess, and constructively challenge compelling business cases is a crucial skill in this position. High EQ; gravitas to convey expertise along with the humility to accept feedback and others’ points of view in a highly collaborative environment.
- Design: Strives for careful design of physical environments, processes, and user experience
- Creativity and Adaptability: This role requires a tolerance for ambiguity, as well as the ability to conceive of elegant and efficient new systems and workarounds.
Maxwell Stephens encourages all suitable and interested professionals to contact us straight away to make their interest in the position known as demand for this role is expected to be exceptionally high.
Peter Forshaw is managing this recruitment process with the assistance of his capable team; If you feel you are the person, we are looking for please send your CV in Word format with details of your current remuneration package and your availability.
Please email Peter directly at: email@example.com to apply.