Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Responsible for efficient and effective provision of a wide variety of support services to the Branch, primarily supporting and assisting the Office Services Manager with the operation of mailroom services, staff catering, hospitality, reception, security and cleaning.
- Supervise and support the mailroom team with the timely delivery of all the in-house mailroom services such as and not limited to mail distribution, goods inward/outward, couriers, reprographics, photocopiers, archive services, office stationery, printer & photocopier consumables, office moves and churn.
- Support the Office Services Manager by supervising a team of 4 mailroom clerks
- Cover mailroom services in the absence of staff members
- Identify ways to improve service and efficiency in the mailroom
- Oversee move requests to ensure that they are completed to agreed timeframes
- Provide support to the mailroom team in managing the inventory of all spare furniture/carpet/wall-boards in secure basement cage
- Prepare and collate monthly overtime of all mailroom staff
- Develop and implement cost effective and environmental initiatives
- Provide support to the Office Services Manager by developing and training the mailroom team.
- Assist the Office Services Manager in managing the contracted catering company ensuring;
- Contracted staff catering and hospitality deliver an excellent high quality service that is aligned to business objectives.
- The delivery of vending both free and paid for
- The cashless system contract with regards to internal/external client relations, contractual and service performance, special projects and upgrades
- The delivery of the reception and front of house services ensuring 5* service
- Provide support to the head of Hospitality for delivery of large events/functions
- Assist the Office Services Manager by ensuring;
- Appropriate cover is provided to all London Branch properties
- Duties are carried out according to the processes and procedures
- Security systems and equipment (access control and CCTV) is operating correctly and is regularly service
- Assist the Office Services Manager in managing:
- All aspects of the daily office, specialist cleaning and recycling contracts
- Maintain records of recycling volumes
- Maintain contract Key Performance Indicators database
- Arrange supplementary cleaning to support office moves activity
- Setting and managing the cleaning budget
Outsourcing and Procurement
- Within Office Services, in assistance with the Office Services Manager
- Periodic review of all services provided to include service delivery, T&Cs, SLAs and KPIs
- Monitoring and driving savings in the supply chain, driving value and cost reduction.
- Build relationships at all levels of the Bank based on understanding and meeting customer and business needs
- Ensure professional appropriate two-way communication is established and feedback on performance is received with necessary action plans.
- Ensure suppliers meet their agreed SLAs and identify ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Due to the nature of the role additional duties will evolve and may be assigned from time to time.
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation and observe all applicable policies and procedures in the performance of duties.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with queries from internal customers, either in person or via phone / email
- To undertake other tasks as required by the business within the scope of the role including manual handling where necessary and general administrative duties
- GCSE or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely (Desired)
- BIFM/IWFM (Level 3 upward)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Positive, confident and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Assertiveness with the ability to challenge others in a constructive way
- Collaborate with colleagues within Facilities and cross-functionally
- Shares relevant information and knowledge with colleagues in a timely manner
- Takes a broader view, takes actions in response to events that may benefit or affect another part of the organization.
To apply for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org without delay.