Health and Safety Manager (12 Month Maternity Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a global entertainment company, are looking for a Health and Safety Manager on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave.
- Management of all H&S issues relating to premises and people working for and on behalf of the client in the UK.
- Development and update of H&S management systems across all business units.
- Development and ongoing collation of effective and accurate management information on H&S performance.
- Engagement with all business units to educate and embed an effective safety culture within the business.
- Facilitate and support all business units when planning and implementing any promotional activities and events which may require pragmatic Health & Safety solutions.
- Ensure appropriate management and monitoring of contractors, sub-contractors, freelancers, merchandisers etc. working on our premises, in order to ensure adequate provision for safe working.
- Delivery of an audit and assurance program across the various business units to demonstrate effective implementation of the business H&S policies and processes.
- 5 + years of successful operation within the H&S sector, consistently meeting expectations.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive level.
- Proven ability to drive stake+.
- Ability to deliver improved H&S performance.
- Proven people management skills.
- Ability to think and act quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate regulatory and best practice requirements to personnel at all levels
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
Experience and Qualifications
- NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ Level 6 Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- CMIOSH preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven influencer.
- Proactive and up to date CPD.
- EHS auditor qualifications.
- Experience of the implementation of safety management systems in multi-site businesses.
- Experience of delivering risk assessments and compliance auditing across multi-site businesses.
- Experience of delivering fire risk assessments across multi-site businesses.
- Excellent project management skills, with emphasis on effectively identifying requirements and articulating them successfully within project plans.
- Experience of working within a multi-stakeholder environment where competing needs must be managed effectively in order to deliver results.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org