Office Manager (FTC)Back to Vacancies List
The Office Manager is responsible for the operation, management and procurement of Office Services for the London Branch portfolio which includes; mailroom services, staff catering, hospitality, reception security & cleaning. The role also requires interface with Consultants, Contractors, Tenants, Landlords and their agents where appropriate.
- Manage the contracted catering company ensuring;
- Manage the contracted staff catering and hospitality ensuring the delivery of an excellent high quality service and which is aligned to business objectives.
- Manage budgets related to these services ensuring that the services meet the contracted and financial objectives.
- Manage delivery of vending both free and paid for.
- Manage the cashless system contract with regards to internal/external client relations, contractual and service performance, special projects and upgrades.
- Manage the delivery of the reception and front of house services ensuring 5* service.
- Coordinate with Head of Hospitality to provide support for delivery of large events/functions.
- Manage the security and safety of all London Branch properties.
- Manage the contracted security guards ensuring
- Appropriate cover is provided to all London Branch properties
- Up-to-date written procedures on all functions performed by the security staff
- Duties are carried out according to the Banks processes and procedures
- Ensure that the security systems and equipment (access control and CCTV) is operating correctly and is regularly service
- Liaise with security systems and equipment (access control and CCTV) contractors in the event of installs, upgrades or office moves to ensure the systems provide the necessary level of protection to the Bank.
- Planning and implementation of emergency procedures
- Assist the H&S Manager in managing:
- All aspects of the daily office, specialist cleaning and recycling contracts
- Maintain records of recycling volumes
- Maintain contract Key Performance Indicators database
- Arrange supplementary cleaning to support office moves activity
- Setting and managing the cleaning budget
Additional responsibilities and duties
- Build relationships at all levels of the Bank based on understanding and meeting customer and business needs
- Ensure professional appropriate two-way communication is established and feedback on performance is received with necessary action plans.
- Ensure suppliers meet their agreed SLAs and identify ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Due to the nature of the role additional duties will evolve and may be assigned from time to time.
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation and observe all applicable Branch policies and procedures in the performance of duties.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with queries from internal customers, either in person or via phone / email
- To undertake other tasks as required by the business within the scope of the role including manual handling where necessary and general administrative duties
Outsourcing and Procurement
Within Office Services, in assistance with the Head of Facilities:
- Manage the outsourcing and procurement to ensure compliance with legislation and the branches policies and procedures
- Manage the procurement and purchasing of all the department consultants, services and products
- Periodic review of all services provided to include service delivery, T&C’s, SLA’s and KPI’s
- Monitoring and driving savings in the supply chain, driving value and cost reduction.
- Financial and Budgetary Management
- Manage and administrate budgets and spend for areas of responsibility.
Knowledge & Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience and understanding of Facilities Management with a proven & demonstrable record in a similar environment
- Excellent management skills and the ability to motivate teams
- Confident in presenting projects to business leaders
- Strong track record of managing supplier relationships
- Good budgetary and financial management skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage service expectations effectively
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Previous experience of purchasing and procurement
- Contract negotiation skills
- Broad understanding of Health & Safety Legislation
- GCSE’ Levels or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IWFM (Level 3 upward)
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Internal Communication Systems
- Internal Accounting Systems
- Internal Vendor Systems:
- Access Control/ CCTV / Room bookings, Cashless Card Systems
- Organizational skills
- Able to deal with high volumes of work whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Proactive/Takes Initiative
- Identifies and assesses new risks and collaborates with others to implement effective solutions.
- Is driven, has energy and is results focused.