Maintenance Manager – Central EngineeringBack to Vacancies List
- Ensure maximum operational usage of all hard facilities.
- Be accountable for the provision, operation and reactive maintenance of all electrical and mechanical services, plant and equipment and building fabric assigned to the Central Engineering Team.
- Ensure that all repairs are carried out within the defined SLA’s and value for money is obtained.
- Ensure that all Estates Department procedures and installations meet all statutory obligations and requirements.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and documents
- Ensure Health & Safety Compliance by the team.
- Uphold the integrity pf the Estates & Facilities Department at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Statutory Instruments (SI) and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Direct Management of Team Leader(s) and Senior Management support to Maintenance teams.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are undertaken in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Improve performance and the reporting of engineering/maintenance activity to management and the team.
- Ensure all members of the team are trained appropriately and competent to carry out their duties at all ties, and are fully instructed in the operation of new installations and systems.
- Upskill the team to ensure more works are completed in house.
- Ensure value for money is obtained on all expenditure.
- Promote sustainable management techniques through the development and implementation of campus wide environmental and sustainability policies and management systems.
- Collaborate with the Asset Improvement team to deliver infrastructure projects and manage O&M information.
- Assist the local Maintenance Manger to maintain a building by building Risk Register and include in routine reporting.
- Collaborate with the Campus specific Maintenance Managers to ensure critical and non-critical engineering & infrastructure is maintained to an appropriate standard.
- Provide a monthly report (format to be agreed) to the Head of Asset Maintenance.
- Support the Head of Asset Improvement to develop and implement a Business Continuity and Risk Mitigation plan.
- Collaborate with the Campus Operations Teams to ensure a one team approach and attain high standards of customer service.
- Undertake periodic Quality surveys.
Day to Day Activities
- Manage staff performance to meet the highest standard of technical and customer service delivery.
- To carry out regular inspections of premises, report defects and arrange timely rectification.
- Drive the use of the department’s CAFM system to improve the operational management of the areas under control and capture activity and operational management information. Share this information across the teams as necessary.
- Carry out internal audits as defined by the Head of Asset Maintenance in support of the E&F Compliance team.
- Support the Campus Operations Managers, and attend meetings as necessary.
- Attend meetings of the Asset Maintenance Management team.
- Attend meetings of the Hard Services branch of the Campus Operations team to discuss, plan and programme works.
- Ensure that O&M’s are current and available to all management, DEL staff and contractors.
- Assist in the appointment and training of electrical, mechanical, building trade staff and maintenance assistants.
- Ensure good teamwork and high morale is maintained.
- Deputise for the Head of Asset maintenance when required
- Participate in the team on-call rota.
- Ensure all staff have a development plan linked to SMART objectives.
- Carry out monthly 121’s / PDR reviews and objective setting
- HND/HNC in Building Services
- Degree Qualified in Engineering or Facilities Management
- Relevant professional qualifications together with relevant practical experience
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualified
- High standard of general education including English and Maths at GCSE level
- Extensive managerial experience with significant previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of budgetary management
- Substantial experience of staff management & development
- Experience of managing complex BMS networks
- Previous experience of working in a multi campus university or similar environment
- Experience and knowledge of the management and controlled reduction of energy consumption
- Knowledge and understanding of the handover and commissioning of new buildings and facilities
- Previous experience as Authorising Engineer for HV installations
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with an ability to direct/motivate internal and external teams and contractors
- Track record in energy reduction
- Experience of working in critical engineering environments
- Ability to prepare accurate reports and summaries
- A thorough understanding of health and safety legislation
- Articulate, tactful and diplomatic when dealing with staff at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative and to prioritise workload, whilst working to tight deadlines
- An organised and methodical approach to work
Sound like the role for you? We look forward to receiving your application.
You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org