Head of Facilities (Interim)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a leading institute, to recruit for a Head of Facilities to join their team on an interim basis for approximately 9 month.
You will be managing the premises and facilities whilst delivering professional and customer focused Facilities Management service to all departments.
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “fadeInDownBig” entry_delay= “2.5” entry_duration= “0.5” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
What You’ll Be Doing
- Property search, lease negotiation, rent reviews, tenancy and contract management of properties inc. 6 satellite offices, 1 London based office, and 2 flats.
- Lease of 4th floor and associated work with tenant.
- Ensure buildings are safe and clean and operationally available to Staff and Members.
- Ensure appropriate access control, CCTV, intruder detection and alarm systems are operational.
- Ensure space efficiency and maximised utilisation of properties.
- Manage moves and fit outs, internally and to new buildings.
- Manage the operation of building security, fire detection, lifts, heating and electrical systems inc. insurance and statutory inspections of these systems.
- Metering and billing for utilities.
- Repairs and maintenance – prepare, implement and review planned maintenance programmes for buildings, plant, services and equipment. Manage and monitor defect notifications and remedial actions.
- Responsible for operational Health and Safety in accordance with policies, guidance, and regulations.
- Monitor compliance.
- Produce, monitor, and manage Risk Assessments, update as required.
- Ensure that Facilities staff provide a customer focused service to the company.
- Manage the performance and development of Facilities staff
- Oversee all the relevant services Facilities staff provide to the company, ensure that staff are deployed appropriately to cover both London sites
- Ensure that the buildings and services are managed in accordance with the Sustainability Strategy and ensure that the environmental impact is minimised.
- Excellent organisation, management, and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of operational facilities management, ideally within healthcare environment or within membership organisation
- Experience of contractor management (property maintenance, facilities management, catering services) and serviced delivery.
- Experience in property management, assuring property compliance and managing a property compliance register
- Excellent understanding of statutory compliance including, health and safety, fire and environmental health.
- Proven track records of monitoring budgets and generating income through events.
- Demonstrable experience of managing workplace health and safety.
- Proven track record of delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Proven experience of managing events.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team.
- Ability to build a great professional rapport with all stakeholders
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to resolve complex issues
- Educated to degree level/equivalent or relevant Facilities Management qualifications and membership(s)
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and statutory compliance, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified.
- Experience of working in a sustainable environment
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!