Health and Safety ManagerBack to Vacancies List
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “fadeInDownBig” entry_delay= “2” entry_duration= “0.5” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a retail organisation, to recruit for a Health and Safety Manager to assist in the oversight of H&S across the company (250 + Sites).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support committee in developing and implementing EHS policies
- Support committee in Developing the company H&S strategy
- Providing Health and Safety advice, support and guidance across multi-site locations to all level of Colleagues
- Develop and keep updated legal, procedural and practical knowledge
- Development and management of agreed KPI’s across all areas of risk management and report to the committee.
- Produce written and verbal reports to the Board of Directors
- Develop metrics and dashboards to track, communicate and drive continuous improvement
- Lead on serious incident and accident reporting and investigation following any reported incidents
- Ensure appropriate incident controls and emergency planning arrangements are in place across all offices
- Carry out visits to ensure that suitable risk assessments and safe working procedures are in place, carried out and acted on across the company (Retail team to undertake risk assessments with oversight and guidance from H&S Manager.
- Identify and support with EHS training (possibly involved in delivery)
- Liaising and assisting with Authorities and ensuring matters are escalated appropriately.
- Representing the company in legal matters, including attendance in court where appropriate and required
- Identification of new technology/ systems to improve risk management
- Possibly in scope: Liaising with Insurers and claim handling process
- Property specific H&S – Ensuring all property related compliance is up to date. Supporting property team with H&S aspects of FM work.
- University degree or practical experience in a related field
- EHS qualifications
- Experience in managing multisite retail H&S
- Ability to work effectively in a family business reporting to the senior board managing risks in the organisation
- Excellent planning and decision-making ability to define and meet performance requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel – limited
If this position is of interest, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org