Technical Project ManagerBack to Vacancies List
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly for the client for a leading property and real estate company. Based in Central London, you will be responsible for providing technical and engineering support to the Property Management department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Part of the technical services function that sits within the Property Management Department. This will include organising the small works and project works strategy, evaluating best suppliers and creating planned project works, repair budgets and a long term major works strategy across the portfolio.
- Lead project works from inception, to completion. This includes creating a scope with the assistance of consultants, organising the correct documentation, tendering works and final completion and handover.
- Create and utilise construction work contracts to effectively safeguard the company highlighting favourable terms and mitigating risk.
- Methodically plan, organise and execute small works and larger project works utilising Prince 2 or similar frameworks.
- Reviewing existing project and small works arrangements and create new policy and procedures where required for effective and cost-efficient technical services delivery. This is to include embedding of all statutory requirements
- Act as Principal Designer where required. Ensuring all relevant requirements are fulfilled, ensuring all Health and Safety procedures are implemented.
- As project works are completed by our development team, in house, it is a requirement to collate all required documentation and effect a concise handover with site teams.
- Ensure technical services is incorporated into a department Quality Management System. Assess current technical services and identify any gaps or improvements that can be made in the planning, organisation, implementation, control, monitoring and compliance with Health and Safety legislation, environmental, security and occupant satisfaction requirements.
- Contribute new initiatives to the Department Plan, and lead to successful implementation.
- Proactively manage technical operations, identify potential risks and put in place mitigation plans. Deal with emergencies and other incidents as required in support of the Portfolio Operations team.
- Liaising with external consultants as required to ensure projects are delivered on time, to specified requirements and to budget. In addition, where needed instruct works directly with contractors.
- Manage the overall performance of external third party maintenance suppliers ensuring service levels are met, spend is within budget and risks are managed effectively. Ensure favourable commercial terms are in place and the services are demonstrably value for money.
- Produce and present Technical Services Project Reports monthly or as required.
- Maintain Continual Personal Development (CPD) to ensure knowledge of latest industry best practice and innovation is maintained.
- The job requires a professional approach combined with excellent communications skills and the ability to get things done within definite time frames. The need for a full IT skill set is considered necessary to be effective within the post, including Microsoft Office
- Proven experience of Project Managing end to end delivery of repair and maintenance projects
- Proven ability to manage major M&E project contracts to ensure delivery to quality cost and time
- Ability to interact, influence and communicate effectively at all levels within the Company to contribute to the delivery of the Company’s objectives
- Strong reporting skills are essential to produce reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverable
- Commercial awareness with experience of managing project costs and budgeting
- A comprehensive understanding of CDM 2015 and implementation of key roles within this framework
- Solid organisational skills with good time management and an ability to multitask and manage a heavy workload
- Quick and responsive – working to strict deadlines
- Ability to listen and a willingness to learn
- Problem solver with an ability to find innovative ways to resolve issues
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Team player and able to work collaboratively
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response to this role so apply without delay to ensure consideration.
Send your CV to email@example.com or click ‘apply now’