Health & Safety ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a high-end retail company, to recruit for a Health & Safety Manager.
You will be passionate about leading their team to develop a strong Health & Safety culture across the business. You will be responsible for all current processes, updating and reviewing these regularly and creating new processes by applying your knowledge of best practice
- Provide regular, timely and pragmatic advice – both proactively and in response to queries Lead the Company H&S meeting– taking into consideration legal compliance, company standards/policy and best practice
- Develop committee reports and share data insight to the business
- Develop existing and future safety management procedures
- Ensure all Company H&S audits are completed in a timely manner, follow up on Action Plans and report back to the Company H&S meeting
- Monitor and audit H&S standards in a variety of different locations.
- Undertake Risk Assessments across all locations.
- Ensure all H&S checks (both statutory and internal best practice) are set up and completed to an agreed timetable
- Develop and maintain a robust Accident reporting system – using the data to escalate as needed, understand trends and move the business forward
- Ensure we continue to develop and embed a true H&S culture across the business
- To ensure we are always looking to improve on our CSR credentials and ensure we remain up to date with all our legal obligations.
- Responsible for all Company H&S policies – keeping them updated, regularly reviewed and effectively communicated
- Responsible for the Company H&S statement – reviewing annually
- Lead the Health & Safety team and agenda across the company to deliver an exceptional H&S experience across the company.
- Responsible for ensuring continued development is in place for the team – including regular 121’s, performance management, talent and career management.
- Develop close working relationships with our People Partnership and Comms & Engagement teams to drive Health & Safety engagement and consistency across the business.
- As a key member of the Senior Management team, this role will work collaboratively across all sites to champion H&S and ensure that this is at the forefront of the People Strategy
- Experience and a proven track record of delivering proactive H&S management systems
- Recent experience of advising/supporting an organisation (Ideally retail) to understand and implement H&S legislation, translating these into companywide H&S policies and procedures Knowledge and experience of working with enforcement officers and local authorities/agencies Experience in leading a small team to deliver exceptional results
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail and understanding of the impact of our brand across the office space
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Ability to develop and maintain great working relationships with all levels, both internally and externally (you will always be representing the business) in order for teams to work effectively together
- Desire and ability to anticipate needs before they arise and to manage issues quickly, effectively and with confidence
- Persuasive, proactive with a “can do” attitude
- Microsoft Office – competent user
- Ability to pick up systems quickly, making them fit for purpose and digitalising manual process Minimum of NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- IOSH Membership
- Able to travel as required
- DBS clearance