Facilities Manager (Part Time)Back to Vacancies List
A leading financial services company who provide services across the US, Europe and Asia have assigned Maxwell Stephens, to recruit for a Facilities Manager on a part time basis.
This is 2 days a week, 12 months fixed-term contract. The salary equates to £26,000 for two days per week per annum.
This is a new role covering management of their offices in London and Frankfurt and ensuring that a seamless level of facilities management and front of house management is provided to the business.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will directly manage 3 in-house Associates within the current structure, temporary resources when required, alongside an outsourced service delivery team.
● Responsible for both hard and soft services. Strong emphasis on soft, world class and bespoke corporate services.
● Implement firm wide FM policies to meet local standards and requirements.
● Implement and monitor adherence to global facilities policies and procedures
● Ensure facility procedures comply with local regulations to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance
● Manage Facilities Assistant to provide day-to-day office services (mail, office supplies, kitchen supplies, archiving)
● Managing the annual Facilities budget, providing updates and monitoring costs with an emphasis on cost efficiency
● Conceive and implement internal FM communication plan with stakeholders and building users
● Provide onsite supervision for the successful implementation of facilities projects • Obtain visibility into utilities and monitor site utilization
● Evaluate the service that we receive from suppliers and be proactive in taking action to improve services.
● Maintain positive relationships with leadership, associates, sub-contractors, suppliers, architects, and building managers.
● In partnership with the US prepare and monitor operating budget.
● Manage facilities and physical security incidents and crises as they occur by facilitating communications, assisting with the business recovery process, and organizing root cause analysis and corrective actions.
● Work with Business Continuity Department to maintain and exercise Business Continuity plans.
● Lead emergency preparedness efforts
● Ensure BCP are regularly updated in liaison with local business leaders and cascade of information with up to date alert system.
● Manage contract management policies and procedures
● Negotiate favourable terms with Facilities/office suppliers and work with Legal in the US to ensure contracts are fit for purpose and best value
Health & Safety:
● Have an up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation and ensure that Baird adheres to its responsibilities as an employer
● Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are up to date and adhere to best practices
● Conduct health and safety inductions with new starters
● Conduct workplace and DSE risk assessments
● Responsible for emergency preparedness including fire risk assessment and ensuring all action points are dealt with
● Excellent in-house client-side FM service delivery
● Ability to influence a range of key stakeholders and act as SME for FM at all levels of the organisation
● Ability to conceive, develop and implement new FM systems
● IOSH qualification is required with preference for NEBOSH.
● Experience of leading hybrid teams across both insourced and outsourced models
● Experience of procuring FM services and managing FM contracts
● Experience of implementing data capture, performance measurement and management systems
● Experience of providing a high level of corporate facilities management/front of house service in an organisation operating across multi-site locations ideally in more than one country
● Member of IWFM
● Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
● Strong collaborator and superior leadership – demonstrated ability to influence and build consensus around new ideas and methods at all levels of the organization.
● Ability to adapt – the individual will need to adapt quickly to changes in scope or direction and be flexible to adopting changes quickly.
● Customer-oriented with a strong service mentality.
● Must be a results-driven, process-oriented individual focused on continuous improvement. Strong problem-solving skills – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information.
● Strong planning and organizational skills – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.