Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client is seeking a seasoned and hands-on person to direct the running of their own facilities department and to create a safe and effective environment for their customers and staff. This person will define the standards for facilities management for the company and execute efficient and effective facilities management programs. Duties for the Facilities Manager role will include directing facilities functions, implementing policies and safety procedures, engaging with vendors and contractors, preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditure, ensuring there is a good preventative maintenance program, minimising disruptions to overall business operations, improving working conditions, and creating a safe and comfortable environment for both staff and customers.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess good communication skills and is effective working collaboratively, has excellent organisational skills, pays attention to detail, takes ownership, has broad knowledge of business functions and has project management experience. The role will include regular travel to our stores nationwide. This person should be diligent, have driven and perseverance, should have a good working understanding of the law, have experience in tendering contracts and good problem-solving capabilities. This person must understand the technical aspects of the property, support day to day business operations, ensure efficient operation of facilities, mitigate risk, and ensure that facilities meet the needs of clients and staff.
- Overall accountability for all Facilities functions including statutory compliance, planned and reactive maintenance, service delivery and forward maintenance plans
- Creation of a safe, secure and efficient work environment that enhances business performance; ensuring that the Stores are kept in good structural and decorative order and that lifecycle expenditure for refit and replacement of assets is managed
- Responsibility for the tendering, control and supplier management of all specialist subcontractors and service providers; chairing subcontractor review meetings and monitoring of performance
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Higher level qualification in Facilities Management, Engineering, Property Management, RICS FM (Level 3)
- Good knowledge of regulations, laws and property laws
- Working knowledge of CDM construction regulations
- A track record of providing facilities focused solutions that have contributed to the wider commercial goals of the business
- Commercially astute with sound financial experience in managing budgets and achieving significant year on year cost savings without detriment to facilities, safety, quality of services or goods provided.
- Able to manage effective relationships across several stakeholders, with enough gravitas to influence change
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure (time, multiple deliverables, stakeholders etc)
- Able to work flexibly and cope well with conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- 3-5 years comparable experience operating at senior management level at a multi-site business
- Experience in managing land/building acquisitions from a facilities perspective
- An excellent working knowledge of all aspects of property and facilities management with the ability to translate this into innovative business plans and strategy
- Creating, implementing, improving and managing maintenance programs, procedures and schedules
- Managing contractor performance by reviewing KPI’s and performance benchmarking
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing internal teams including objective setting, personal development reviews, performance management, handling of discipline and grievances
- Demonstrable experience of implementing service level agreements and performance management systems
- Experience in leading change in the delivery of new solutions or enhanced service levels to the business
- Business Continuity Planning input into and execute policies relating to BCP and Emergency Planning
- Experience of effective maintenance of building plant and fabric, including any necessary project works for both planned and reactive maintenance
- Handling security related issues at sites. Insourcing/developing security capabilities, enhancements and related technologies
- Adherence to Health and Safety legislative practice applicable to the business/sector the candidate has worked in; ensuring compliance with regard to risk assessment, fire safety, gas safety, electrical safety, asbestos, Legionella etc and ensure appropriate records are maintained
- Experience of Health and Safety Management systems, statutory and regulatory requirements including Management of Health & Safety at Work, Workplace, PUWER, LOLER, Manual Handling, Building and CDM Regulations
- Ensure that all works completed and property portfolio complies with current legislation and regulations and is completed to a high standard
- Experience of financial planning: setting, managing, and reconciling budgets
- Experience of onsite building and construction projects
- Proven track record in delivering programmes within maintenance and property services and working at a senior level within the business
- Experience of implementing quality processes accredited to IS09001 and ISO14001
- Experience of assessing and implementing various security technologies to improve security at facilities
Demand for this position from qualified and enthusiastic candidates is expected to be high. Should you wish to apply for the role, we ask that you contact us directly and without delay to register your interest.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.