Estates Operations Assistant (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a leading University to recruit for an Estates Operations Assistant on a temporary basis until the end of May. The purpose of this role is to provide a range of general support functions to the Operations Team.
- Maintain the Division’s laboratory glass/plastic washing facilities, carrying out service washes and drying, liaising with departmental teams for timely delivery and collection.
- Ensure that all service equipment (including glass washing, autoclaves, ice machines etc) are kept clean and serviceable at all times.
- Immediately report any defects or health and safety hazards.
- Manage communal service equipment areas, ensuring all service areas and common areas are well maintained, that consumable stock levels are adequately maintained and that all areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Provide central autoclaving service for the sterilisation of equipment and waste as necessary.
- Liaising with the Health and Safety Coordinator to carry out periodic health and safety inspections of service equipment areas and other common areas.
- Assist in the movement of furniture and equipment when required.
- Provide access and attendance where needed for Operations or Estates contractors, liaising with Operations Officers if specialist input is required.
- Liaise with cleaners and recycling contractors.
- Update space allocations across the Division, ensuring FAMIS is up to date
- Carry out regular (weekly) review of Estates Reactive Work Order report, advising manager of progress or inconsistencies.
- Liaise with Estates on maintenance and soft service issues, particularly in relation to addressing service failures.
- Develop and maintain a good operational knowledge of Divisional buildings and an
- understanding of the research activities carried out in each.
- Work as a collaborative and committed member of the Divisional Operations Team, building and maintaining good working relationships within the team and colleagues, in particular Estates, Security and Safety.
- Undertake additional administrative duties to support the work of the Operations Team.
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of working in the higher education sector or a laboratory environment
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Flexible and adaptable
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Experience of dealing with diverse customer base and providing customer service including problem resolution