Building Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by an Education Trust to recruit for an immediate start Building Services Manager. They will be accountable for managing the facilities, maintenance and property procedures and routines for our buildings. Responsible for ensuring that health, safety and environmental activities and procedures are compliant, whilst delivering effective and compliant facilities management services for all stakeholders across three properties in London (SE1).
Summary of responsibilities:
- The individual will provide oversight of service-related operational activities working in partnership with third-party service providers and in-house teams to meet the business and occupancy needs.
- Sourcing and reviewing required service contracts including establishing requirements, sourcing quotes and negotiating prices.
- Maintaining trusted relationships with suppliers.
- Renewing existing contracts to ensure services remain adequate and competitively priced.
- Manage and oversee standards of services.
- Manage and ensure RAMS requests are obtained, reviewed, authorised and monitored for all contractors.
- Manage and oversee hard serves i.e., HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical. Checking all systems are within working conditions and to standard.
- Propose and monitor building services and maintenance budget.
- Conduct daily walks to assess and highlight any areas requiring attention.
- Log weekly and monthly in-house PPMs.
- Manage tickets through help desk FM system, ensuring timely responses to maintenance issues.
- Set up and manage PPM scheme, ensuring all contractors are managed effectively on site.
- Review all relevant Risk Assessments and highlight any potential risks and improvements both internally and for consultants and contractors
- Ensure risks are assessed in priority and managed appropriately
- Ensure compliance with all current statutory legislation in respect of health and safety and the environment such as legionella, fire safety etc.
- Conduct Covid-19 risk assessments and ensuring adequate PPE stock.
- Ensure Fire Warden and First Aid lists are up to date and adequate cover is maintained.
- Review and update fire procedures.
- Ensure signage is correct, compliant and updated i.e Fire, Covid-19 etc.
- Review all internal practices in line with legislation and regulatory requirements i.e., Fire, Legionella control, Building controls etc.
- Ensure security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to at all times, taking an active role in the event of emergency situations and out of hours
- Manage any significant works i.e., walkway, refurbishments, security system upgrades etc.
- Review, update and budget capital expenditure based on life cycle reports.
- Build lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure projects are completed with minimal disturbances to departments.
- Ensure relevant contracts and purchase orders are in place where necessary
- Coach and support Facilities Assistant.
- Streamline processes and drive efficiencies i.e., Invoice checking, Purchase orders etc.
- Ensure all people related policies and procedures are followed (including absence reporting and performance management processes)
- Expertise and Experience in Procurement and Tender Processes
- Detailed and proven knowledge and experience of mechanical and electrical systems
- Full and clear understanding of health and safety risks, processes and legislation
- Understanding of owner, occupier and landlord/tenant relationship
- Ability and proven experience of management report writing
- Ability to communicate effectively through Microsoft Office suite
- Prior experience of budget responsibility
- Proven track record of stakeholder management
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of working in a tenanted environment from a landlords’ perspective
- Membership or Associate Membership of BIFM
- Accreditation with IOSH and/or NEBOSH
If you are interested, please call 0203 903 4265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com now!