Temporary Facilities Manager (Part Time)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a non-profit organisation, are now looking for a Part Time Facilities Manager to join their team on a temporary basis for 3 months.
- Office conversion – Prepare the building to accommodate (i) an office tenancy beginning June 2021 and (ii) the charity’s own staff team
- Office refurbishment x 2 – Select contractor (from quotes already obtained) and oversee contract ensuring it is delivered on time and to budget
- Shower room refurbishment – Consult with tenants and write works specification. Lead on the selection of a contractor and oversee work ensuring it is delivered on time and to budget
- Disabled access at site – Write works specification and identify possible contractors to quote for the work
- Secondary glazing at site – Write works specification and identify possible contractors to quote for the work
- Obtain quotes, select contractor and oversee work relating to the items listed as requiring urgent attention in the quinquennial.
- Deliver the annual programme of repairs and maintenance, utilising contractors when required.
- Actively monitor the state of the charity’s property assets, taking the initiative to resolve problems encountered.
- Respond to and resolve ad hoc reports of repairs and maintenance required in the charity’s buildings.
- Provide a first response in the case of an IT, building or services failure.
- Lead on recruitment of a Housekeeper and manage the successful candidate.
- Recruit and direct the work of contract cleaners.
- Co-ordinate the plans for operating amongst the four organisations working from the building i.e. send weekly updates to organisations of changes to activities schedule, check in that the building risk assessment is working and consult on making updates to it as lockdown eases.
- Act as the main contact point on behalf of the charity with its two
- Update Health and Safety policy and procedures, champion their implementation and keep records.
- Ensure that all activities taking place in our buildings have an up to date risk assessment in place. Develop and manage a register of all health and safety risk assessments, including for (sub) contractors, service suppliers and room bookers.
- Ensure the charity is compliant with statutory, safety and other requirements, including that applying to vehicles, events, and residential lettings