Building Services Engineer (Heating and Hot Water)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-represented education establishment are now looking for a Building Services Engineer to join their team on an initial Temporary Basis with the potential to progress a more long-term position.
This role will specifically be responsible for the management of heating, hot water and gas.
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate and deliver projects/tasks; liaise closely with other Professional & Technical staff within Estates to ensure coordinated, effective, customer focused solutions and delivery.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers to meet the overall mission.
- Procure, commission and manage a range of services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate.
- Draft minor project briefs and documentation, specifications and service standards; manage tender process, service delivery and the performance of service providers, including contractors and DLO as appropriate.
- Carry out pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations etc.
- Manage/undertake inspections, surveys, risk assessments, feasibility studies and diagnostic fault finding and initiate appropriate actions; establish the most practical and effective resolution of problems.
- Maintain up to date knowledge to carry out professional services activities e.g. Dilapidation assessments, insurance assessment and claims, third party wall, DDA, Building Regulations, historic buildings etc.
- Manage maintenance projects ensuring compliance with specifications, cost estimates and timescales.
- Prepare regular management/performance information to Team Leader and E,M&I Senior Management Team as required.
- Manage delegated budgets for assigned programmes and service provisions.
- Liaise frequently with other Estates Project Managers to ensure that maintenance needs arising from new construction and major refurbishment are recognised, recorded and planned for.
- Ensure the accurate and timely compilation and maintenance of essential records and data; maintain relevant records, inputting data to systems as required; assist in the compilation of detailed asset registers.
- Contribute positively to EM&I’s collective approach to managing the effective procurement and performance of service providers, including service standards, costs, health & safety.
- Drive Contactor management (Financial, Quality, Site management/safety, and Performance) taking ownership as client representative on project works, service delivery within role.
- Experience working in accommodation/residential or similar will be advantageous
- Experience with gas regulations, boilers, pumps and pressure vessels is key
- Evidence of ongoing self- development/training
- Extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge including the management of maintenance operations using contractors and directly employed staff
- Thorough knowledge and experience of maintenance operations in a large multi- site organisation
- Project management, contract procurement and service management in changing environment.