Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading real estate investment company are looking for a dynamic Building Manager for a great building based in the heart of London. The ideal candidate for this role must understand working for a property company from a facilities management perspective. Our client are really looking for someone who is passionate about managing buildings/facilities and has drive and ambition to succeed. In order to be successful in this environment you must be a team player and have an engaging personality.
This client’s current property portfolio in London is worth in excess of £5 Billion and is made up of high end commercial multi let space and also some high end residential.
The overall purpose of the role is to be responsible for the delivery and management of a high level of service provision, be an excellent communicator, liaising with the landlord and building occupiers to ensure the required level of service is consistently maintained. To act as the custodian of the provision of service levels agreed by Facilities Management and additional services to sites and buildings, ensuring the critical operation of buildings in compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, company policy and guidelines.
- Overall management of the building(s) while working in partnership with client, tenants and other stakeholders
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance is not compromised. Identify trends or risks from well maintained and monitored Health and Safety records.
- Ensure health and safety audits are regularly undertaken in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions are carried out within agreed timetable.
- Drafting and updating emergency plans, evacuation procedures and overseeing security, fire prevention, and other safety systems.
- In accordance with approved safe systems of work, to plan, control and monitor vehicle and pedestrian movements on site.
- Oversee all general maintenance of site(s). Ensuring common areas and all grounds are kept to the required standard. Notify the FM of any repairs that are required in the building and keep a record of all reported faults in the building(s) and what action has been taken.
- Ensure all call, requests/ complaints and all other incidents; such as emergencies and disruption due to building alterations as they occur; are dealt with efficiently, effectively and in good time.
- Ensure effective and efficient running of all front of house, access control, reception and security services. Ensuring the site(s) security is maintained at all times.
- Budget management – preparing, monitoring and reconciling.
- Ensure all building documentation (policies, procedures, guidelines and statutory requirements) are regularly reviewed, updated and in line with changing legislation/compliance.
- Plan, manage and implement scheduled and adhoc maintenance. Ensuring contractors are monitored and controlled while on sites in accordance with client instructions.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and competencies:
- Experience of working in a similar role is a must.
- BIFM/IOSH/NEBOSH/SIA – IOSH as a minimum but NEBOSH preferred.
- Good health and safety knowledge and experience, e.g. risk assessments and audits
- Project management
- Team management and development
- Management of in-house, supplier staff and contractors
- Understanding of commercial leases, building regulations, codes and standards of practice; maintenance contracts.
- Delivered to deadlines (projects, KPIs and SLAs, meeting action points)
- Budget management – good application of interpreting financial data – ideally this would also include previous management of service charge budgets for commericla tenants
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) – Ability to read, understand, apply and communicate comprehensive written materials, e.g. building plans, tenders, regulations, legislation and company and client policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of working with Microsoft office or other IT and digital platforms
- Ability to work on own initiative, within a pressurised environment
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Highly developed Interpersonal skills to sustain effective relationships and partnership working with all stakeholders
- Seek opportunities and finds solutions to blockers.
- Excellent tenant engagement and understanding of marketing activities, e.g. via social media and other events.