Building Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
A leading corporate company has assigned Maxwell Stephens to recruit for a Building Services Manager to deliver an efficient service across a national portfolio.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer with responsibility for the efficient delivery of Building Services across a national portfolio, comprising 8 sites and home to approximately 700 colleagues.
The Building Services function includes; our property portfolio; reactive, statutory and PPM works; front of house; external service providers / contractors; sustainability & environmental projects; health & safety.
The Building Services Manager will manage a facilities team of which will consist of a Facilities Team Leader and two Facilities Assistants
- Effective management of our property portfolio, maintaining relationships with all stakeholders including building managers, agents and landlords. Review lease obligations and refer where necessary .Proactively prepare comprehensive portfolio project plans not limited to; break notices, lease renewals, additional flexible serviced provisions and potential relocations.
- Oversee the successful delivery and management of all facilities-lead services (property maintenance, facilities management, catering services) in a multi-site commercial property environment.
- To be the key contact for Facilities and Health & Safety across the business, building effective working relationships with key stakeholders at all sites and providing best practice advice at all times.
- Provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges displaying proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, identifying long-term goals and specific objectives in order to achieve these.
- Identify service improvements, liaising with key stakeholders to resolve issues and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Engage external contractors, liaising with the central procurement team to ensure best value for money, regularly reviewing contracts and SLA’s, with re-tender and award when necessary.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of statutory compliance and health and safety as it relates to multi-tenanted commercial property.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all environmental impact activities e.g., ISO14001, manage such activities and provide relevant MI when required e.g. client tenders
- Service charge management and budgeting from a corporate occupier perspective.
- Lead by example in promoting a positive Health and Safety behavioural culture, whilst assisting to develop fit for purpose safety systems that support an efficient and safe working environment.
- Keep up to date with Health and Safety legislation and ensure the Firm’s policies and procedures exhibit the same, to include risk assessment, advising the business on legislative changes and implementing the same.
- Establish, implement and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health, Safety and the environment are adhered throughout our portfolio.
- Accountability for team performance, with direct line management of the Facilities Team Leader.
- Work with the Facilities Team Leader in order to set and review team KPIs; using MI to create reporting structures and statistics for ongoing performance and driving best practice in order to maximise efficiency and productivity.
- Conduct site inspections and audits across our offices as and when necessary.
- Co-ordinate the allocation of appropriate space in all offices including space planning, fit out, furniture replacement, and storage requirements.
- Act as project manager on all facilities projects under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer
- Take an active role in Business Continuity Planning and the central Management Incident Team.
- Ensure physical security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- ISO 18001 – proven experience of implementing and auditing to retain accreditations
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of all aspects of Health, Safety & Environment (including legislation, audit handling and management systems).
- Excellent attention to detail, report writing and communication skills
- NEBOSH – Environmental Certificate and experience of ISO 14001, planning & implementing are also desirable.