HR CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a leading editorial company to recruit for a HR Coordinator on a temporary basis.
The HR Coordinator role will touch on all areas of the business. It will be the task of the co-ordinator to design new HR systems, including the choice and implementation of HR management software; to increase company knowledge of best practice and ensure compliance with statutory requirements; and to create new support structures for staff and help develop internal training programmes
- Advise and support management and employees when personnel issues arise, guiding difficult situations to smooth and fair conclusions.
- Conduct new staff inductions and exit interviews.
- Help formalise salary reviews and performance appraisals.
- Help standardise recruitment procedures.
- Review and, where necessary, amend existing grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Choose and install HR software for centralising the management of documentation, holiday calendars, sickness records etc.
- Build collective working and communication practices.
- Improve provision for staff well-being.
- Review and develop staff benefits.
- Keep abreast of, and ensure compliance with, all relevant aspects of HR law.
- Update existing policies and documentation (including staff and contractor contracts, JDs, recruitment, staff handbook, etc.)
Training and Development:
- Help design programmes of management training and mentorship.
- Establish ongoing programmes for training in diversity, inclusiveness and equal opportunities.
- MCIPD qualification or equivalent
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of current UK employment law and best practice.
- Experience working at a senior level as part of a leadership team.
- Change management experience.
- An approachable manner with strong coaching and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working both independently and collaboratively.