Head of Workplace and PlacesBack to Vacancies List
Our client an award winning exceptionally successful Tech Start up. They are proud to say they have a diverse and inclusive team and they recognise people as the most important part of their makeup.
The plan is to facilitate a highly engaged, values-based performance culture that’s focused on achieving growth.
As a business, they have decided that home will be the primary work destination (distributed-first), with hub locations in each of their operating countries (currently UK, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal). This is where your expertise and your team come in!
The aspiration is that people can deliver their best work regardless of where they are choosing to work. This role is to make that happen. It’s a blend of overseeing the facilities estate and developing the distributed-first practices.
They are also planning to have their first dedicated hub in London in 2022.
About the Role
- Lead the creation of a high performance distributed working culture by developing operating principles, norms, and policies.
- Drive the Places culture throughout their distributed and international teams.
- Promote cohesion among teams by experimenting with and implementing company events, tools, and programmes to bring people together to deliver their best work.
- Document and evangelise the distributed-first culture inside and outside, helping them recruit and retain high performers from across our geographic footprint.
- Help build an environment where employees are motivated to do their best work, where we can still leverage the informal interactions and collaboration that drive innovation regardless of where they choose to work.
- Working with Internal Comms to create and inspire the way we host internal events to support our distributed teams.
- Lead cross-functional teams and partners to build out our strategy, policies and programmes around distributed working.
- Lead and manage our international facilities estate, including the project management and set up of our new London Hub.
- Lead on all regulatory and compliance (e.g. H&S) aspects to ensure the safety of all the people and visitors for each country with potential for future expansion.
- Manage contracts & vendors allowing the smooth running of all workplaces.
- Lead, manage and motivate a Places team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on distributed working.
- Leads key people and places projects and initiatives.
- You must have senior-level facilities and distributed-working experience, ideally in a scaling business.
- Focused on business outcomes with a track record of delivery in growing environments.
- Have experience working across multiple countries.
- Pragmatic and progressive with a non-bureaucratic approach, willing to get stuck in and hands-on.
- Extensive experience in working with and influencing senior stakeholders
- The ability to make quick, sound decisions based on knowledge and judgment. Able to focus on what’s important.
- Always spots opportunities to simplify and improve processes to drive better results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to facilitate plans, projects and initiatives.
- High energy, with the capacity to deliver against a large workload.
- Enjoy delivering as part of a team!
For a confidential conversation please get in touch with Peter Forshaw.