Technical Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a well-reputable organisation to recruit for a Technical Services Manager to join their Estates team.
You will be managing and overseeing an effective preventive and reactive maintenance regime for the Estate, including all buildings, plant and machinery, to the highest appropriate standard possible. With specific responsibility of critical services and life safety systems.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the grounds and building services through leadership and technical knowledge to ensure all systems are fully operational and compliant. This shall specifically include but not be limited to HV/LV network, BMS, GSHP, Fire Alarms, UPS, PA/VA, Lighting Controls and Lifts.
- Manage in the absence of the Maintenance & Compliance Manager the in-house Estates team and site based maintenance suppliers. Providing strong guidance and technical advice to ensure all maintenance is completed in a professional manner and in accordance with the computer aided facilities management (CAFM) system.
- Support the operation of the electrical network to ensure all systems are fully operational and maintained to a high standard. Assist the Estates manager reviewing the current high voltage policy and ensuring adequate trained personnel are available during major matches. Plan and manage the annual High Voltage maintenance shutdown ensuring all departments are informed and systems are isolated for the optimal amount of time.
- Manage the operation of the BMS system to ensure all plant is operating at its optimum setting for energy efficiency whilst meeting the operational requirements of the grounds and buildings. Regularly review alarm monitoring process to ensure the correct criticality is applied to alarms and that all alarms are registered and investigated correctly. Create regular reports identifying alarm activation, operating times, energy use, plant adjustments and recommendations on how to improve the control of the services for the building and grounds.
- Act as project handover champion for all new capital projects and ensure all systems are fully operational and the information is available and technically accurate.
- Plan through discussion with other departments the annual overlay of temporary structures and services, identifying their requirements and carrying out any modifications needed are completed prior to the start of the Cricket season. Ensuring that the site based services are fully compliant and that visiting concessions meet the operating requirements.
- Electrically biased with a good understanding of building services, ideally familiar with BMS systems and controls.
- High Voltage network and distribution
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of planned and reactive maintenance operations
- Detailed understanding of Health and Safety especially in the maintenance, construction and contractor management contexts
- Asset Register compilation and management
- Team management and technical delivery ideally in a sporting environment
- A recognised engineering qualification ideally in electrical systems.