Head of Facilities ManagementBack to Vacancies List
Our client, one of the largest housing providers in the UK, have asked us to recruit a Head of Facilities to implement strategies, projects and policies which support delivery of the organisations’ values and objectives.
- Assist Director of Asset management with developing the facilities services strategy to optimise the operational effectiveness and service provided to the organisation
- Provide direction and knowledge expertise to the FM team on all aspects of effective Facilities Management. Principally motivation and development of the Facilities team through leading by example is key, agreeing clear objectives and consistently monitoring performance to achieve delivery of excellent services.
- To take lead responsibility for the implementation and management of health and safety and compliance within offices.
- Identify risks affecting FM Managed offices and ensure appropriate action is taken to minimise them. This includes producing and updating Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Responsible for ensuring any automated CAFM systems are implemented, utilised, monitored and provide an easy access single source repository for all FM related matters.
- Produce Monthly and Quarterly Management Information Reports demonstrating full asset compliance including reporting operational performance on meeting set/agreed SLA targets
- To take lead responsibility for the maintenance and general upkeep of the managed offices including hard services (e.g. air con, ventilation, lights, lifts, boilers) as well as fulfilling legal obligations within leased premises.
- Report to and gain approval from the Procurement Appraisal Group on Facilities related proposals.
- Oversee the procurement and contract management of Facilities’ services and goods and implementation of procedures in accordance with value for money principles, considerate of environmental sustainability and support our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion within managed offices.
- To take lead responsibility for procurement and contract management of organisation wide Facilities’ related services (such as corporate wear, stationery, archiving, water coolers, confidential waste, zip cars, sanitary services, and postal equipment).
- To have overall responsibility for setting the budget, authorising and analysing the Facilities expenditure and capex for managed offices.
- Responsible for setting and monitoring of service budgets for commercial tenants within managed offices.
- Resolving building issues from commercial tenants or managing agents and manage lease renewals and terminations for commercial tenants within managed offices.
- To direct and oversee office projects including refurbishments of new and existing offices including building works and closure of offices as agreed in the office accommodation strategy.
- To project manage office projects to meet business objectives on time and within budget.
- Work with Premises Managers in non-managed offices on implementation of best office practice including ongoing management for health and safety compliance, welfare of staff, portraying a consistent image, branding and working environment.
- To create and enhance effective working relationships both internally and with external organisations to capture innovative thinking, to develop and promote best working practices to deliver offices that are an inspirational place to work.
Develop your people and ensure succession planning.
- Select, recruit and induct the right team
- Measure the performance of your people by giving feedback, reviewing and completing appraisals.
- Manage poor performance
- Communicate regularly – monthly meetings and daily face to face team briefing.
- Degree/HND or equivalent in Facilities Management or Building/Construction related discipline
- 5+ years proven experience in a senior FM position
- Member of Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (formerly BIFM), or sufficient demonstrable knowledge and experience of delivering facilities management services across a varied office portfolio at a senior level.
- Acquired or currently working towards NEBOSH or IOSH General certificate, or is willing to work towards and can demonstrate experience of principal accountabilities in this role
- Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures.
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- Able to demonstrate ability to manage, motivate and inspire staff focussing them on successful outcomes.
- An understanding of customer needs and the drivers of customer satisfaction
- Multiple sites management
- A progressive, dynamic and flexible approach to delivery of FM Services
- Ability to read and interpret leases and floor plans.
- Able to review and interpret RAMS
- Project management experience
- Experience of office relocations and refurbishment of whole offices
- Demonstrate strategic thinking to optimise space utilisation to meet our changing needs in line with New Ways of Working
- Good personal organisation to prioritise work and deliver against challenging targets
- Setting and budgetary control including setting of service charges for commercial tenants within offices
- Procurement and contractor management seeking to maximise value for money.
- Policy and procedure writing experience
- Experience of cultural change-management within a complex organisation
- Excellent customer service skills and a can-do approach
- Ability to travel between all offices and interact at all levels across the company
- To plan and prioritise workloads
- To write varying styles of email/report suitable for intended audiences
- To communicate effectively with wide range of audiences
- To interpret financial information to inform strategic decisions
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems, develop opportunities and implement innovate solutions/approaches
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV via email to email@example.com.
For more information on Maxwell Stephens and our services please visit www.maxwellstephens.com