General ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Your role will be to manage, promote and be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the designated building.
What you’ll be doing
- To chair and lead tenant meetings and ensure the timely release of meeting minutes/actions.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the designated buildings and the staff located therein. Monitor and assess the performance of staff and contractors, taking effective early action to address any shortcomings.
- To set the scope and specifications for all resident term and peripatetic contractors, reviewing service level elements and key performance measurements as required.
- Negotiate with contractors, to agree terms of instructions and operate contract documentation in relation to all services at the building.
- Setting, assessing and monitoring service budget including target setting for likely energy costs and operating within their constraints, in close liaison with the Senior Property Manager.
- Supervising the handling of day-to-day enquiries, which arise from whatever source in respect of the daily operation of the building.
- Upon receipt of tenants proposed work/alterations to their demised area – assist the Landlord in coordinating and controlling the approval of the proposed works in liaison with all interested parties, including advising external contractors and consultants.
- Responsible for timely release of the Building Manager’s monthly report.
- To ensure that all incidents with insurance implications are reported to the Company’s insurance broker and to progress the insurance incident report to keep all the relevant parties fully informed of progress.
- Advise the Asset Manager of any breach of lease by the tenant and giving regular reports to the Asset Manager on the operation for the building.
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification (within last five years)
- BIFM Level 4/5 qualification.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience of managing premium assets.
- Has knowledge of commercial office and retail CAT A & CAT B fit out and is conversant with the RICS Code of Practice for Licence for Alteration in Commercial Property.
- Demonstrable experience of managing service charge budgets of more than £2M for a minimum of 3 cycles of annual process.
- Has experience in managing statutory compliance systems and process within a commercial property.
- Strong administrative skills with good computer literacy. Experienced in producing board level reports.
- Experience in writing business continuity plans and standard/emergency operating procedures.
- Experience of managing and developing employees to outperform in their roles and deliver a superior level of customer service to occupiers.
- NEBOSH General Certificate qualification (within the last 10 years)
- AssocRICS/MRICS status.
- NEBOSH National Fire Certificate qualification (within the last 10 years).
- Has experience of the specification and maintenance of building engineering services as indicated by ACIBSE or MIET accreditation.
- Able to work as a team member and maximise contributions.
Our client has indicated that they are looking to place their new General Manager in situ without delay. Maxwell Stephens therefore encourages all suitable and interested professionals to contact us straight away to make their interest in the position known.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.